18 | FASCINATION

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

THEY WEREN'T ORIGINALLY GOING TO GO TO THE BALL, AS THE SISTERS HAD PREVIOUSLY DECIDED. But after finding out that Elena was going, with the intention of speaking to Esther Mikaelson― a centuries old, very powerful witch― and that Rebekah had invited Matt to the ball as well, Sienna and Caroline changed their minds. However, they arrived later than expected, since Caroline didn't have a dress to wear and Sienna refused to wear the one Klaus had gotten for her. 

When they finally did arrive, Sienna entered the ball at her sister's side and looked around the room in search of their friends. "You know what we need?" Caroline said to her suddenly, looping her arm with Sienna's to make sure they didn't lose each other in the crowd of people. "We need a drink."

Sienna smiled. "I think that's the best idea you've had all day."

Together, the two of them made their way toward the bar, talking to each other. Sienna was so engrossed in her conversation with her sister that she didn't even notice Klaus's eyes on her. He was standing with a woman from the Founder's Council, pretending to be listening to her as she spoke animatedly, but he couldn't quite concentrate. He hadn't really expected Sienna to give in and wear the dress he had sent her, but he'd hoped she would; even so, he couldn't deny that he might have preferred the dress she had gotten herself even more. She wore an off-the-shoulder gown made of satin, colored a deep scarlet that matched her lipstick. There were no eloquent designs or expensive jewels embedded into the gown, and it was nowhere near as high-class as the gown he had purchased... it was simple, yet elegant, and it suited her well.

Klaus intended on approaching her, but knew it would have to wait until after the toast. His mother wanted all of their family together for it, and since he wanted the family to finally forgive him so that they could get on with their lives now that Mikael was gone, he acquiesced. 

"Uh, if everyone could gather, please," Elijah called out over the chatter of the room, gaining everyone's attention. Sienna and Caroline turned their attention toward the staircase, where the Original family was gathered together. "Welcome, and thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom."

"That's my cue to disappear," Sienna said, turning around to leave the room as she took a swig of her drink. Caroline laughed as her sister walked away, shaking her head.

"Sienna!" Klaus greeted, quickly making his way toward the blonde before she could leave the room. He smiled and held out his hand to her. "May I have this dance?"

"No. I suck at ballroom dancing. That's Caroline's thing," Sienna admitted, her cheeks flushing in embarrassment. 

He chuckled. "I see. Well, then you can stand on my feet. It's an easy fix."