22

"Come on." Ivy dragged Selina back to her feet. "You can't stay here moping. We have work to do."

"I'm not moping." Selina protested. "I'm tired."

"Pssh! Whatever." Ivy dismissed, pulling on her friend's arm. "Let's go."

"I'm coming." Selina pulled her arm back and straightened her sleeve. "Where are we going? Do I need to dress up for this?"

She looked down at her worn clothes. Though she had taken some of the new clothes from her stay at Wayne Manor, she still didn't have enough to get rid of her old clothes. If they were going anywhere even remotely decent, Selina would need to change out of her baggy Henley and unironically ripped jeans.

"We'll change at my place. I've got something great for you to wear." Ivy said quickly. She pulled Selina's shirt up a little. "Wait! You don't look too pregnant do you?"

"Stop!" Selina jumped out of the way and pulled her shirt back down. Her cheeks were flushed with embarrassment. "I'm only like eight weeks along. It doesn't look like anything."

"Okay! Sorry!" Ivy's hands shot up.

"Keep your hands to yourself." Selina wrapped her arms over her stomach.

"Geez! I said I was sorry." Ivy looked down.

"Let's just go." Selina said, grabbing her jacket.

A little while later the girls we standing in the lobby of one of the ritziest places Selina had ever been, aside from Wayne Manor, of course. Her eyes were wide as the hotel doorman opened the door for them and greeted Ivy with a bow.

"Good evening, Ms. Pepper." He said with a blush. "Will you need a car for the evening?"

Ivy brushed his cheek with her fingertips as she passed him. "I'll let you know." Her voice was a buttery whisper.

"Eww!" Selina said with disgust once they were out of the doorman's earshot. "What was that?"

"It's that perfume I was telling you about. It makes men do what I want. It's awesome." Ivy bragged gleefully.

"It doesn't hurt that you look like that." Selina gestured to Ivy in general.

"It's this perfume. I promise."

Selina jaw dropped when she saw the beautiful suite Ivy was calling home. It was all dark wood furniture and white marble flooring. The art on the walls were ugly impressionist paintings, the type only rich people like.

"Did you get a sugar daddy or something?" Selina wondered aloud.

"Oh!" Ivy exclaimed excitedly. "I met this guy. He's really old and really rich. Anyway, he said I could stay here until he gets back from Prague or wherever."

"He just let you stay here?" Selina was skeptical.

"Yeah," Ivy said, as if it were obvious. "He was sad about his wife dying so I told him he should do some traveling and that I would take care of his place until he got back."

Selina was at a loss for words. Her friend had always been weird, manipulative and a little scary, but it seemed that along with her rapid aging, Ivy had figured out some kind of mind control.

"Anyway." Ivy cut into Selina's thought. "We need to get ready. What do you want to wear?"

The redhead threw open an armoire. She started pulling out sparkling dresses of different colors. Selina was reminded bitterly of similarly stocked closet at Wayne Manor.

Selina chose a slinky black velvet dress with silver spaghetti straps and a plunging neckline. She thought she wouldn't be able to wear a bra with it but Ivy produced a special bra for her with the same plunging front as the dress.