Levi goes down on his hands, lowering his head and stopping right in front of us. Maisie has grown quite a bit, but she is still a tad shorter than Levi's snout. Hot air blows on our faces from his nostrils, blowing our hair all over the place. Maisie is as stiff as a board, worrying me just a bit.

"Follow me," I crouch next to her and extend my hand forward to Levi. Maisie shakes her head first, so I gently grab her hand and stretch it next to mine. Levi knows what to do and pushes his snout into our hands. A smile breaks on my lips as Maisie's expression goes from terrified to excited and surprised. Her eyes and mouth are wide open as her mind, probably, is trying to figure out what is happening.

"You wanna get a closer look at his eye?" I whisper to her ear. She nods eagerly, and I giggle at her cuteness. "Levi, lay down," As I ask, Levi lays down with his head on the grass, tucking his arms and legs to his side. "Follow me then," I stand up and pull her by her hand to the side of Levi's head.

His amber eye almost glows as he stares down at Maisie; his pupil slits as he examines the small human.

"It's beautiful," Maisie mumbles more to herself, but Levi hears her perfectly. In response, he closes his eye with his semi-transparent membrane and starts purring. "Is he-?"

"Yes, he is purring like a big baby," I tease him. His eye opens to glare at me as he lets out an annoyed puff of air. Maisie giggles and subconsciously step closer to the side of his face. "I know this is a little bit too much, but do you want to ride him?" Maisie snaps her body around and gasp.

"Can I?" I hold back a smile as I can notice she is having a hard time containing herself.

"Of course, only if you want to," I tease.

"I want! I want!" She jumps in her place, unable to control herself.

"Let's go," I grab her hand and take her back to his snout. "Just climb his head and sit where there are fewer spines," I lift her to the tip of his nose because of its height.

"Won't I hurt him?" Maisie asks worriedly.

"It takes more than a small girl to hurt him, don't worry, he's not even feeling you," I go up to his head right after her, pushing her every once and a while she stops walking. "There you go, now sit down carefully," She sat in front of me, and I wrapped my arms around her body. "Let's go Levi, slow and steady."

We walk around a part of the property for over two hours, with Maisie having the best time of her life. Finally, we come back to the house to find Claire and Owen making out. I immediately cover Maisie's eyes with my hand and clear my throat.

"Please tell me you didn't do it on my couch," I grimace.

"Umm, no, we didn't," Owen says, blushing in embarrassment.

"Good," I move my hand from Maisie's eyes and see her wobble to the couch, falling face and instantly falling asleep.

"I guess you two had a lot to do in these past hours," Claire comments as she fixes herself and looks at Maisie.

"You can say that," I pat down my shirt to remove some dirt that goes on it. "Well, do you wanna see them? I didn't show Archer to her, afraid it might trigger some traumatic events."

"Let's go," Owen stands up, pulling Claire next to him, and gives me a nod. I lead them to the side of the house where the two hybrids, obediently, stand next to each other, unmoving. Their unbothered looks turn to cautious and wary as soon as they notice I'm not by myself.

I lift my hand to them when I notice Archer's lips curl in a snarl, stopping him before it turns to a growl.

"Oh wow," Claire gasps quietly, placing her hand over her mouth. "Seeing them still is still as frightening as seeing them run after us."