8 🦕

"Can you please tell me what the purpose of making a new dinosaur is? The Indominus was to increase the number of visitors and revenue of the park. Not a 'moral' reason but better than what you just told me," I discuss with Eli.

It's been one month since I've started working with him and Henry. During this time, I've helped them better develop this new dinosaur and only recently got to know their real intent of creation.

"As I just said, it will be the perfect weapon for military use. When we perfect it, nothing will stop it from invading enemy countries or even defend our own," He explains once again, sarcastically trying to sound like a salesman.

"We're not in World War III. We are witnessing the most peaceful time in human history. Yes, wars and riots are happening all the time. But is one country against another or itself, not entire continents," I argue back, still trying to make sense of their dumb, over-complicated idea.

"You seem to be missing the idea here. War is the most profitable market in the world. We will invent something that has never been invented in the world, and we will make millions with it."

"It's a dinosaur, a living creature; you can't do that," I scoff. Clearly, he hasn't learned about the suicide dogs.

"I can. I will. With or without your help," He says in a 'this is the end of discussion' tone before walking away.

"Fine, I'll help you. But I'll be the one handling it," He nods, not even turning around to look at me before walking away and out of my sight.

With an extremely annoying and painful headache, I exit the elevator and take a seat on one of the benches in the hall. I sat in front of an Ankylosaurus fossil while my hands rubbed my temples.

"Why did I even agree to this?" I mutter to myself. Surely this will pay off once I get to rescue Levi from that damn island.

"Are you okay, lady?" A small voice comes not too far away from me. I look up to see a little girl whom I've seen a couple of times during my visits.

"You're Maisie, right?" I ask softly. She nods as she stands on her spot, hesitant to come closer or run away. "Yes, I'm okay, just stress building up," I sigh, trying to relax my mind and body.

"Have you seen a live dinosaur before?" Her eyes sparkled with innocence and curiosity that melted my heart. I miss the old days but treasure the present ever since my dreams came true.

"Seen one? I raised one," Her mouth makes an 'o' shape as she takes a step closer to me, her eyes filled with amazement.

"Really?!" She exclaims. "What dinosaur it was?" Her small feet tap the wooden floor as she hurries and sits next to me.

"It was a dinosaur that never existed before. They made it on the island," I begin explaining, doing my best to entertain the child.

"What did it look like?" Her doe eyes stare into my soul but in an innocent manner.

"He had the whitest color, toughest scales, sharpest claws, most dangerous teeth, and was bigger than the T-Rex," My eyes soften as I recall my memories with Levi.

"Oh wow! What was it called?"

"It was called the Indominus Rex, which meant Untamable King," I chuckle as she looks at me with utter amazement.

"Did it have a name?" She scoots closer to me, ready to ask anything that needs clarification or to satiate her never-ending childlike curiosity.

"I named him Levi, like the character from an anime, know to be humanity's strongest. I guess he was dinosaur's strongest," I smile fondly.

"Grandpa doesn't let me see anime; he says it's not for children," Maisie pouts. 

That's the exact opposite of what I've been told. 

"Do you have any pictures of him?" Never-ending curiosity.

"I have tons of picture, would you like to see?" She nods eagerly and almost jumps to her feet. "Let me find them," I grab my phone and open the Photos app. There is a folder just for the pictures of Levi I took as he grew, during our training, and when I sneakily watched him from the watch area. "Here," I show her a picture I took of Levi when he was almost full size as I laid on the ground while he stared down at me.

"He's scary looking!" She exclaims with a terrified yet amazed facial expression.

"Yeah, he may look scary, but he was a complete sweetheart, at least to me," I whisper the last part. Maybe he would like her if she doesn't scream or run.

"Why is that?" Her head turns to the side like a confused puppy as she hands me back my phone.

"You see, I was there with him, almost every day of his life ever since he hatched from his egg. I would feed, play, look after him all day. Even when he grew to this massive beast, he still acted like when he was the size of an average dog," I tell her. Pride filled me as I spoke of my accomplishments and work.

"Do you think he would've liked me?" I smile down at her and pat her hair.

"He would've loved you," Her beaming smile is contagious enough to draw out one on my lips. She is such a sweet child, and I like her.

-------

Aww, she misses Levi. It was somewhat hard, but I found a decent picture of the Indominus.

I hope you guys liked this chapter as the first interaction between Bella and Maisie. (I know she's a clone, and I don't know when she was cloned. So let's just pretend if she wasn't cloned at this time according to the book/Wiki, she is now).

Can we get 10 votes for the next chapter?

Make sure to follow me!

Don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought and 'see' you in the next chapter.