12 | 𝔅𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫'

OCTOBER 15TH, 1989

OCTOBER 15TH, 1989

     IT was the wrong day.

The wrong-freaking-day for shenanigans

Lucas could feel his muscles become tense, brows tightening together and his teeth grinding against one another. Frustration couldn't describe the amount of tension he was feeling along his shoulders. It was a feeling that usually rose to his skin when his patience was tested and running thin. He was so close to the edge, toes nearly touching the end of the cliff, ready to lean forward, jump off and explode into a million pieces.

The day was growing slow, the kind of flow that was agonizingly drawn out for no apparent reason. It was a mixture of tiredness and hunger rolled into one with the thought of survival on his mind. It was taking a toll on his body as he stood behind the counter in his uncle's mechanic shop blonde hair along his face in need of a wash, dressed in a white wife beater, deep blue jeans and black work steel toed shoes, trying his hardest not to throw in the towel and walk to the back for some time to himself.

The shop had been bustling with people coming in and out of the shop for a quick fix, there was no time to sit or take a break for the matter when he constantly heard the chiming of the bell above the entrance door.

It was times like this business became a real piece of work.

Lucas realizes now, when you have a strict Uncle who loves to keep a perfect image on his business, you tend to learn through your mistakes of how to run a shit properly. Undoubtedly, Lucas didn't mind working and offering people help with a genuine smile and sincere heart, however it was difficult to not explode out of anger towards impatient, rude ass people.

He applauds his uncle for his lenient attitude, patience, and generous, caring and kind spirit because Lucas couldn't imagine getting cussed out by a customer for some nonsense and just standing there with a smile apologizing for any misunderstanding. Lucas didn't have the heart to lie or hide his feelings, he's too honest for that.

Though the moment you cross the line you might receive a few words of disrespect before getting your ass kicked out the door, it was a family tradition around here.

Fortunately, here he was trying not to become a ticking-time bomb at an angry customer. The elderly salt and pepper haired man had been complaining for a good 15 minutes as to why the hood of his car was not popping open, but instead his truck with a high ranged voice.

He claimed the starter wasn't right and blamed it all on one of the workers for trying to repair it after he told the worker he would wait on Louis. "Now I'm late for my meeting because this stupid starter remote control won't work!" He complains and then slams the remote onto the counter, "I don't have time for this shit. I've been coming here for a while now and it seems like every time I come here I always have a problem with you guys."