the visit: first block

*language warning

your school has a day off for health service checks within the district. it's october of the new year and you miss lexi more than ever, so you decide to get on a train to see her in fairfield.

you need to get into the school without looking suspicious, so you grab your backpack and hop onto the train at 5am in order to get to the school by 7:20, when it starts. you're dressed pretty well just in case you need to talk to any cute boys you're interested in.

it's starting to get cold and you're bundled up in your winter jacket as you sit in the empty train car, feet up across from you on the old red and white seats. you doze off only to be woken up by the ticket collector. the train ride is an hour long and you scroll through tiktok to pass the time, it's become super popular recently. this same trio keeps popping up on your for you page but you usually swipe past until this morning. the middle one, apparently mark, is actually kind of hot, but you brush it off because it's not like you'll ever be able to get with or even be friends with that kind of boy.

after some good mario kart races and a lot of tiktoks, you're finally in connecticut and you get off at the station. the walk is a little bit of a ways but it's not too bad. the cold wind turns your cheeks a hot pink and numbs your fingers. you miss this town so much, you never went to school here but always visited lexi. and that entailed a lot of spending time there.

there's a rush of hundreds of students as you walk up to the school entrance. you slip through the doors without anyone noticing and follow the crowd, looking for lexi. finally you spot her down the hall and run towards her, but not obviously because of course you were surprising her. and the way her eyes light up when she sees you. you tear up as you jump into her arms, it's insane how much you've missed her.

"holy shit y/n, i haven't seen you all summer, i missed you so much girlie." lexi's voice sped up as the first bell rang. "listen i have to go to my first block, but wait in the lunchroom or library, you'll find someone to talk to. i'll call you when i have a free so we can find somewhere to catch up. also that hot tiktoker mark goes here by the way, i don't know if you know him but you're hot so go for him!" she waved as she jogged off.

you wander around for a little bit until you find the library, avoiding eye contact with anyone who works for the school. there's a couple of people scattered around the library, but no one interesting looking. mostly nerdy theater kid types. you sit at a table by yourself and work on some homework that your have assigned for the next day. after studying and doing your work for an hour, there's still half an hour left of the classes. you decide to get up and take a walk around the school, but you also have to hide every time you see a hall monitor.

the bathrooms are becoming a familiar place to stop at for you as you don't want to be kicked out or interrogated by anyone of authority. you walk out of the bathroom and look to your left, to see the actual mark anastasio walking the opposite direction. that will be your goal for today, to talk to him and get in contact with him, or at least try because why not.

the bell rings for the end of the first block and your find yourself lost in the rush of students walking to their next class. lexi calls you and tells you to meet her in the lunchroom, telling you that you have a whole hour and a half to catch up on life. you start to walk towards the lunchroom and get caught up with a cute guy heading to class. you decide that today is just a day to be bold.

"sorry," you look up at his glowing blue eyes, "hey wait, can i get your snap? i'm visiting a friend for the day but you're super cute, maybe we can hang out someday." you smile at him and you're pretty proud for making moves.

"yeah sure it's @holdenwainkite" the boy said.

"holden, got it. i hope i'll be seeing you soon, i'm y/n by the way" you shoot back.

"bye y/n." his cheeks glow a rosy red as you turn and get on your way to the lunchroom. maybe this day is gonna be a lot better than expected.