Reign On Me

"You're no Alpha..."

His stoutly words continued to ring through my head, annoying yet giving me the fire I required to be myself again. If people were doubting me in private, but so callous to call me out and challenge me in public, then I was now going to be on my A-Game. As they approached, I didn't move and stayed in my same position; I was meditating and clearing my mind but that didn't mean I was going to let this stranger off so easily.

"Alpha. Meet our lone wolf."

He was sun kissed, dark brown hair and beautiful eyes that are a mix of ocean blue and green. Medium scruff for a beard and arms covered in tattoos. He was as beautiful in his human form as he was in wolf form. That's something I would probably never admit out loud, but looking at him there was a sort of... innocence.

"Milo."

"We have him at the edge of the forest, I didn't want to disturb your space."

"What's his name?"

"He said he won't tell anyone but you."

"That's rich. I guess we will see what he wants."

I arose to my feet and dusted myself off as I walked over to the leaders of my pack. The stranger had a suspicious smirk on his face that pissed me off even more and at this point, I wanted to rip his head off. Being the Alpha I was, I kept my cool so I could calmly ask him why he was in our territory and why he attacked me last night. As I approached him, I could feel... something. Sadness and loneliness radiating from him under that smug ass look on his face; I wanted to knock him on his ass.

"Well, we're waiting."

"I'm not speaking to her in front of any of you."

"You have no rank here Delta. Now, tell us what the fuck possessed you to attack our Alpha in our territory?!"

"I speak to her and her only. ALONE."

"Absolutely fucking not."

"Raph. Relax." I still have my eyes on him and his on me. There was something personal between the two of us, something worth hearing.

"V, don't."

"I'm curious as to what he has to say, honestly. Has to be important if he risked his life by attacking me."

"It didn't take much, did it?" Those words left his mouth and Raphael laid a heavy punch to his face and if I heard right, I may have heard a slight crack.

"Raphael, enough."

"Why are you here Delta?" Milo says, leaning down close to the Delta's face.

"Delta, how fucking insulting." He spits at Milo's feet and I could tell he too wanted a shot at him but held himself back. I was surprised that he was able to hold his anger as well as he is.

I paused for a moment studying his eyes and there it was; deep inside he held a sadness that was almost overwhelming. It left me curious and actually somewhat sympathetic to his emotions. Never being one to be sympathetic to most people I have no kind of connection to I wanted to know what this hurt was that was burned in his soul.

"What are you holding back, Delta?

"I don't know what you're asking me."

"The sadness you're feeling, why do you feel it so deeply?" He clenched his jaw tightly I could hear his teeth grinding against each other.

"No."

"You dare defy an Alpha?" Milo shouts.

"I told him, I will talk to you and you only."