Chapter 49: Back from the Dead

Rosalyn's POV

The seven of us stood near the sarcophagus, stunned at the sight of Genevieve waking up. After a while, she sat upright with a confused look on her face.

 After a while, she sat upright with a confused look on her face

"Genny!" Aurora ran up to Genevieve and gave her a long hug. "You're back!" Her voice was shaky with emotions. Genevieve hugged her back.

"Aurora, it has been so long since I last saw you." She diverted her gaze towards Vincent and Damien. "Brothers..."

The two of them walked up to Genevieve and joined the hug. "We missed you." Vincent said.

"I thought about you three every day when I was on the Other Side." She let out a slight laughter.

The four of them cried happy tears, none of them ever breaking the embrace. After a while, they separated  as Genevieve turned to look at me.

"You must be Sapphire and Jaden's daughter." She smiled.

"You... You know them?"

"I do. I have known them since the time they entered the Other Side. We had become friends. They talk so much about you."

I nodded. "It has been a long time since someone mentioned them. I hope they could be here. I miss them a lot." Their memories came flashing back to me as a smile spread across my face.

"They look over you everyday, and are really proud of how you have become."

"They are?"

"Yes. I can see the uncanny similarities between the two of you. You have gotten your mother's eyes, and your father's smile." She then turned her attention to Amber. "And you must be Sapphire's sister, Amber?"

"Yes."

"Sapphire trusts you a lot. She loves you so very much."

Amber nodded, reminiscing about mom.

"Since we don't have any relative on the Other Side, allow us to introduce ourselves. I am Stella." She said to Genevieve.

"I am Kristen."

"Nice to meet you too." She smiled.

"So, how was Nathaniel to you? I mean he was not less than a demon to us." Stella said.

"I loved my parents, both of them. They were my world, especially mother. Every villager would say that I looked so much like her, and I had to agree as well."

"And what about your father?" I said.

"I loved him too. He treated me like a princess. He was my idol."

"So, what changed?"

"I fell in love. His name was Elijah, the heir to the Lycan Wolf Pack. He was the most beautiful being I had ever met in my life. Kind, generous, loving, all of it. The wolves had to live on the outskirts of the village, because most of them could not handle their transformation on a full moon night, and would harm the witches and humans. We would sneak out of our houses late and night and simply stare at the stars in the dark sky, confessing how much we loved each other. Everything was perfect until one day, when I found out that I was carrying his child inside me."