CHAPTER 11

*Taylor, the P-Resident Friend*

NICKY's POV:

"The best way to appreciate something is to be without it for a while."

Indeed.

Every word in that short phrase can actually sum up the situation I am now. I came to appreciate all the little details in my life since I stood up with my decision to leave everything behind and start anew..

I never expected my afternoon to start bedazzled with just a phrase. Hearing it from a friend that knows the real me makes it more surreal. Knowing Taylor, I have this strong feeling that he really mean to tell me that so I can ponder into it. That is his subtle way to remind me that nothing can be solved by running away.

Taylor and I's history can be traced from way back--his family and mine's have been constant in each other's lives. Family gatherings, school events, weddings, reunions, and most recently, political campaigns. We may never had a conversation other than polite "hi's" and "hello's" but we do offer greetings whenever we see each other. He had different type of clique and I have mine.

I was okay with that, I mean with just being civil with each other and it stayed that way even after we went to the same high school. But the popular cliché "nothing's permanent but change" happened and everything just turned 360 degrees after that.

---

It was raining so hard on a Friday morning and I am not so sure if I see clearly through my wind shield but I still have to get to class because it's the last day to pass my latest edited thesis proposal or else, I won't be able to graduate.

During this times that I wonder, do I really have to go through all this hassle just to earn a degree? I think school should be suspended when it's raining. I mean, students could get sick because of this rain. Or worst, get into vehicular accidents trying to get to school despite the rain. Roads can be tricky and wet at this times.

I was so busy contemplating on reasons why schooling is a big no no on rainy days that I did not notice that I was already nearing Riverlake Highschool and that a blue SUV was blocking the gate. I have to abruptly stop the car when I realized that I will smack it's rear and had the printed papers I placed on my windshield sprawling across the front seat in the process.

"Perfect! Just perfect!" I shouted as I looked at my scattered proposal and at the back of the car in front of me. With being tired from lack of sleep and nervousness from cramming, my emotions right now is hyped more with that near-collision. Without giving a care that it is raining so hard, I went out of the car and stomped my way to whoever was behind its wheel and knocked so hard the driver's window equipped with a strong determination to give my a word to this irresponsible driver.