CHAPTER 7

*Closed Spaces, Spilling Secrets*

NICKY's POV:

"Whatta!" He said.

"Oh my God!" I seconded.

Then we looked at each other again.

"Does this mean we're...?" He hadn't had the chance to finish his question because I nodded at him furiously.

I was beyond scared and before I could process what was happening, I leaned unto him and wrapped my arms at him.

--

I wasn't thinking well. But who can think well in a situation like this? All I know is that I am scared and it escalated more with each passing second. I am scared of closed spaces. Yes, I am claustrophobic. What if we ran out of oxygen? What if we never get out of here? The endless scenarios played out in my mind.

I can feel that I am starting to panic. I felt the cold sensation building up inside of me. It had started up from my feet then slowly crept up to my entire body. My fingers felt so cold and started to tremble slightly.

I tried to calm myself. Started thinking about good memories. I told myself to inhale and exhale. But to no vail..

I tightened my grasp at his left arm. That was the nearest part of him that I was able to cling into when the elevator stopped. I hold unto him like my life depended on it.

I can't see his face but I felt him tense beneath my hold. Our temperature is a perfect contrast. He was so warm while I am so cold. But our heartbeat seems to be in rhythm, beating so fast that I swear I can hear it above the wailing of the emergency siren.

"Hey. Hey, its okay. I've got you." His voice came out as surprisingly, soothing. I am in awe of him, how can he be so relaxed at this point in time? We are locked up, for pete's sake! Then I saw him raise his right hand but seem to hesitate and put it back down.

I started inhaling and exhaling. Letting the still air inside the elevator calm me. Unfortunately, his scent was all over us, enveloping me. He smelled good. It was a combination of bath soap, of wood musk, and of his after shave. Surprisingly, it calmed my wrecking nerves. It somehow reminded me of someone's smell, that was buried deep inside the cobwebs of my brain..

I think he felt me relax because I heard him mumble something, to which I didn't comprehend. I was busy thinking of good thoughts while enjoying his scent. But my calmness was short-lived when I felt his right hand on my hair.

"Hmpf!" I caught my breath with that slight contact.

"It's okay. We're okay." And I don't know why but I believed him.

"Sure?" My voice a barely whisper.

"The guard saw us enter the elevator." He sounded like he was talking to a child. "He'll alert the maintenance team that we are here."

Then I remembered that the guard told me that tonight's the maintenance of the service elevator. How could I forgot? Of course, I wasn't expecting to be out this late.

"Does this happen all the time?" I heard him say.

"No. But once a month, they do some maintenance to check up on some things", I answered him as I slowly let go of his arm.

"I.. I'm.. Am sorry." I can't look at him. Since when did I became clingy? Ha-ha! It doesn't suit the new me.

"It's okay, baby." I can feel his gaze on me.

I pretended I didn't hear him call me that. How can he be able to call me such when he has a girlfriend, I don't know. If awhile ago, I thought of him as rude, now I add up manwhore to the descriptions I have of him.