CHAPTER 3

*Drowning In My Own Thoughts*

NICKY's POV:

The day ended without me noticing it. Much as I want to talk to Tina about it, we just can't. Halfway to our last period class, Erwin her boyfriend for about a year now called and will be picking her up. Erwin is currently not enrolled for this semester so Tina can only see him in times like this.

We were in the common room or 'The Lounge' because this is where we usually spend our vacant hours. Talking, laughing or most especially, watch Kelvin as he entertains us with his so gay lines. I really see him as a future stand up comedian than a Nurse! We were spectators with his undying antics which leaves us cracking up with boisterous laughters. We can laugh out so loud that more often than not, we get reprimanded because our voices do sometimes disturb other on-going classes. When ever we are here and complete, we seem to be oblivious to our surroundings and the people around us. Indeed, we have a world of our own.

"So guys, any plan this week end?", Cyrille asked while busy roaming around her MK bag. Probably looking for her car keys. She is from a well-off family and seems to be stereotyped as a bitch because she is very particular with things that are branded. But we know better. She might be complaining a lot but that's just the way she is.

"I'll be leaving for Davao with Reg", replied Kelvin. He's gay and proud about it and that's why we just love him. He seems to be the life of this group! There is never a dull moment whenever he is around. He can make us all crack up with laughter with no effort at all.

"So, I guess we'll see each other again on Monday. I'll ride with you Cy. Okay? I just have to use the toilet first. Bye guys!", Euni said and went out of the room.

And a loud ringing of a phone by my side stopped us all. "Mine!", Gracie shouted as she walked out of the room, waving. We heard her say "Heart?" on the way out. I bet that was his boyfriend calling to pick her up. She was then followed by Kelvin with Cyrille bickering him about his non-existent love life. That's nothing new.

I sighed as I watch my friends leave the room. They must be so caught up with school works and the upcoming week end that they haven't paid much attention on me and our sudden disappearance during lunch. Not that I'm bothered with it. I was actually relieved that they haven't noticed how distracted I was. Twice did Trina have to actually nudge me because I was being asked a question and Gracie have to repeat herself because I wasn't really paying attention.

Tsk tsk. This isn't good. I have to do something about it. This is not the Nicky they knew. After all, I am the Nicky that is always alert, lively and everybody's friend. That's the "new" Nicky I am now.

With a heavy heart, I gathered my things and tried to push myself up. I put some of my books and notebooks that I won't be needing and arranged it inside my locker. I then proceeded to walk outside the Lounge and found myself walking towards the parking lot. I usually drive myself to school during Fridays only. Most of the week, I just carpool with Cyrille or with Kelvin. It's most convenient that way. I can save up with the gas and I love the noise of my friends. It is my adrenaline to survive in this "new" world.

Since I transferred here, I was never comfortable with staying alone. It's hard not to get drown with my own thoughts. So I constantly associate myself with the crowd. 'The more, the merrier', I always tell myself.

'Beatbox', my Honda '99 model auto in brilliant sunshine yellow color came to view in my usual spot in the parking lot. Being a Senior Class A really has its perks. You don't have to compete with other regular students for a parking space. Seeing that Cyrille and Kelvins' respective parking spaces were deserted, I assumed they already left. A white Innova was on my left side and as usual, it was parked just a little too near my car for my liking.

"I am so gonna be thrilled!", I said to myself while I got in the car. I wasn't so pleased with my parking skills that I get so bumped whenever other cars park near me leaving so little space to move. I don't need to be reminded that I almost failed my driving license exam because I can't park well. With parking well, I mean that I was the one who actually do the parking itself and not let one of my brothers to do it for me or for some very rare instances, my Dad. So with so much effort and concentration and constant looking with my rear-view mirror, I survived without a scratch to that annoying white car.

Wew! With James Morrison's Broken Strings on the radio, I drove silently towards the place I don't particularly consider home.

--

I live in a condominium just ten minutes away from campus. The guards greeted me and gave me a salute before opening up the gates so I could enter the basement where I also have my parking space.

I parked Beatbox and did a quick check inside the car. This is my OCness getting at me again. I don't like it when in the middle of doing a homework, I have to go down to this car to get a book or to get my laptop's charger. It really pisses me off and disrupts my concentration.

Satisfied that I got all I need, I quietly locked the car with a click and went for the elevator.

"Good evening, Ma'am." A guard at the lobby greeted me and I returned with a small smile. I entered the elevator and waited for it to close. Before it closes, I was momentarily blinded by a light that I presume coming from a car that is about to park also. I get a glimpse of it and made me sigh with annoyance. It is a white Innova. I wonder if it is the same with the one in the school. But I discarded the idea because I have been living here for almost two years now and never did I see anyone from school in here. Not that I know much. I am basically hanging out with the same people almost every day of my life.

I was woken up from my musings with a jolt, signaling that I have reached my floor. The elevator opened and I get out. I turned to my left and proceeded to my door. My room's a spacious studio-type pad located in the twelfth floor overlooking the whole city. I personally have chosen to be in this place. I love the privacy and silence.

Upon opening the room, I was welcomed with the floral scent of my Victoria's Secret perfume. I flicked the switches on the left side of the door and let my bags and keys fell on the sofa. I then proceeded to take of my shoes and put it on the shoe rack at the right side of the door.

I was taking off my clothes as I walk to my bedroom. I then dumped it to the hamper. Week ends means laundry day for me so I didn't even glance at it. I went straight to my cabinet and grab some clean shirt and shorts. I continued to the bathroom, thinking of taking a good ol' shower before going to bed but just to be stopped as I stumble. Good thing I was a softball player way back in high school days that I easily gained my balance and hold the bathroom's doorknob.

Since I am living alone, I never mind the mess I left before going to school this morning. Now I regret that seeing that what I stumbled on was a my jumping rope. I can now practically see a bruise to where I got caught with the disregarded rope. So much for trying not be OC.

Living alone is one of the few things that I consider as impossible but now, I am living that dream. Speak about redundancy! But true enough, I am now living the life I only dreamed of before. And that is one of the advantages of being brokenhearted, I always tell myself. Just like change, pain causes people to change. And its up to you if you will use that opportunity to change for the better or for worse.

As for me, I choose to change for the better..

~~~~~

Sorry for the boring chapter. This one's a filler while I actually work up for the next proper chapter.

Sorry also for the late update. So hectic with schedule plus writer's block kinda bugging me lately.

I hope you enjoyed reading.

Comments are very welcome.

Enjoy! 😘