CHAPTER 5

*Bumping with the Gorgeous New Neighbor*

NICKY's POV:

"Whatta!", a thundering male voice shouted that startled me, momentarily blocking out the pain in my butt.

I looked up from my awkward position in the floor and found my gray eyes locked up with a pair of brown eyes that seemed to be tired yet amused.

And that.. That stopped my heartbeat for quite sometime. I am not so sure if this is really happening. Though I am craning my neck from looking up, I seem not to mind.

Oh my God! Am I dreaming? I think I am dreaming! Yes. Yes. That can only be the possible reason why I am seeing Theo James in front of me.

But if this is not a dream, then maybe I am already dead and in the heavens now. Seeing Apollo stand before me, welcoming me in the halls of heaven. Apollo in a shirt and jeans of course.

Absentmindedly, I checked him out. He has a messy brown hair that fell out from his red beanie that seems to be carelessly put in his head. He has perfect dark brown eyes that seems to be trying to penetrate through my soul. Paired with a perfectly cute nose. My eyes lowered at his perfect reddish lips which opened in a beautiful wide smile that well, I wish I, myself owned. It revealed perfect white set of teeth. He has a perfect cleft chin and a slight five o'clock stubble that graced his perfect line of jaw.

Wait! Did I just overused 'perfect' in there? But of course! My Theo is just perfect!

From my sitting position in the floor, I can tell that he was very tall. I'm betting on him as six footer or even more. I can tell he has broad shoulders even though he was wearing a black sweatshirt. He also wore a slightly tattered jeans and a pair of red and yellow Converse.

Hmmm. Nice taste. Something that can really caught my attention. Not that I normally check out random strangers in my daily routine. This is something so.. So not me. Usually, I stay out of any guy's radar. I am not really good at handling 'boy issues'.

'Welcome to the fallout

Welcome to resistance

The tension is here

Tension is here'

I am barely registering Switchfoot's singing through my ears. My rapid and loud heartbeat seems to be competing with it. If this is in a comic strip, this scene will be depicted with a drawing that shows my heart going in and out of my chest while my eyes are openly gaping up to this gorgeous face in front of me, shaped in a heart.

'Between who you are

and who you could be

Between how it is

and how it should be'

How apt can be these lyrics at this time?!

"Hrmm.", my Theo cleared his throat.

Shit! Did I just drooled in front of a total stranger. Change that description! Total freaking hot gorgeous stranger.

"Much as I want to continue with this staring thing, Love won't be so pleased if I don't come back down as soon as possible." My Theo said breaking eye contact with me and raised his right arm to the back of his neck.

I just stared. How manly his voice is. Though he just said a sentence, it sounded to me as if he was singing me a song. Soothing, soft and luscious.

Wait! Did I just say luscious? Oh oh! Get a grip, girl!

Then I noticed him lowering his right hand to me. Oh my! I froze! His hand is getting nearer to my left cheek. I felt blood rush to it. I can feel it getting hotter as his hand gets nearer to my head. I am sure I am blushing as hell. Damn! I'm not even the blushy blush girly girl.