a f t e r ; o n e

the bustling streets of seoul never sleep, along with its inhabitants. no matter the time or weather, there's always someone awake and searching. that's especially the case for these special boys. eight of them, trying to find their place in this world and be their true selfs, despite all the odds, they'll find each other and prosper,

they'll all be precious.

•••

san

"choi! my office, now!"

san groans and he sits up from his desk, rubbing a forcing headache in his temples as he stops typing. he finally stands, arranging the papers on his desk to waste time. forcing his feet to move forward towards his bosses office, he can't help but make eye contact with his cubicle neighbor. his coworker shoots him a look of pity
and understanding.

as soon as he enters the office, he wants to yell and smash everything to bits. he hates everything in this room, the plain white walls, the bookcase that has pictures of his boss and his wife. but he hated the man seated at the desk even more.

"what is it, mr.cheong?" san puts on his fake smile, trying to hide the venom and hate in his voice.

"you've been slacking in your due dates. i asked those files to be on my desk today, completed by 3:00. do you care to explain why it's currently 3:45, and they're still not here?"

"because i don't want to do anything for you, fat lazy pig." san can't keep the dark thoughts away, but he brushes them aside and answers.

"i'm sorry, sir. i was working on them and planned to have them turned in by my lunch break. i'm willing to stay late to get them done, i can only work but so fast, no disrespect, but you've doubled my usual assignments and i can only do but so much." he tries not to let his voice shake as he speaks, he won't break, not in front of him.

the look in his eyes told san all he needed to know.

"please don't make me."

but as soon as his boss stands up and locks the door behind san, he knows.

"i've really done it now."

the hand on his cheek makes him want to vomit, but he almost gags when their lips connected. he refused to enjoy this. he never did and never will.

"if you want to keep your job, you'll make that smart little mouth of yours useful and get on your knees."

"m-mr.cheong ple-" the hand around his neck shuts him up.

"you will address me as sir. now get to work." as soon as the others eyes turn red and his voice oozes dominance, san has no other choice.

as soon as his knees touched the floor, he wants to sob. and as he unbuckles the elders dress pants, a tear slips from his eyes.

"that's a good omega. make alpha happy."

•••

san unlocked the door to his apartment, he let out a deep sigh as the smell of home cooked food filled his head.

"san! how was work?" he could hear wooyoung bustling in their small shared kitchen.

"it was fine," he answered simply.

"yeah, having your gross bosses dick shoved down your throat is fine." san can't help but mentally argue with his wolf.

leaving his shoes by the door and walking into the entrance way to greet him, san hugs his best friend from behind. wooyoung turns to squeeze him back, but smells the strong smell of cologne and musk on his skin, and sees his ruined hair.

"again? why does he always need to single you out?" wooyoung immediately grabs san's wrist, scenting him and filling his senses with his warm apple and maple scent, and he immediately feels warm inside and lets the scent of his boss wash away.

"because i'm his favorite, and i need to keep my job." san returned the favor, nuzzling wooyoung's neck and picking up hits of beta ; fresh baked bread and peaches. seonghwa.

"san, i'm gonna nag you until you agree, please come work at the salon with me and yeosang. his cousin will hire you immediately, you don't even have to do hair!"

"wooyoung, i've told you before, if i quit my job i won't make enough. you need you're therapy sessions, i don't mind working more to make sure you can pay for them."

"but.." wooyoung can't help but whine, knowing his best friend is right.

"woo. listen," san grabs his hand and squeezes them tight. "you've come so far. i'm so proud of you and you need to keep going so you can get even better, alright? don't worry about me." san gives him a wide smile, and wooyoung tries his best to return it.

"i'm just worried. you shouldn't have to do that for me. it's gross, i mean he's married, why does he even need that from you?"

"i don't know, but if it gets me a little extra in my paycheck i'll suffer through it. you also didn't have to take me in after high school when i was broke and didn't wanna live with my parents anymore, did you? please let me repay you."

"fine," wooyoung sighs, defeated, and pulls san into a giant hug.

"let's eat dinner, alright?" san nods and pulls wooyoung into their living room to set the table, no longer wanting to discuss the topic further.

•••

"one day, wooyoung. i won't have to do this and you won't need your therapy sessions. we'll both be free."