28) Lover

Taylor placed a soft kiss on Karlie's forehead as she felt her start to stir the next morning. All night, she was on and off sleeping. After that conversation with Cara, she was scared to even hang up at last. Cara sounded very hurt and not in a good place. But now Taylor knew what had really happened between the two women a week ago. It was bad timing for her to find out considering it was Christmas day but it was better now than never.

"Tay..." A sleepy Karlie mumbled under her breath. Her eyes were still closed as she cuddled further into Taylor's side.

"Yes baby?" The singer encouraged her to go on.

"I love you."

Still, after all these years, those three words made Taylor's stomach errupt with butterflies and a wide smile crossed her face.

"I love you too." She told her, petting her hair as they still lay under the blankets. Karlie smiled a little, finding her girlfriend's free hand and intertwining their fingers. Then, she was determined to go back to sleep, even if it was only for a few minutes.

"Five more minutes." She mumbled, making Taylor giggle. She knew it wouldn't be five more minutes after she told her what day it was.

"Babe, it's Christmas." The older girl said, trying to hold back a laugh. She was unsuccessful though as the girl laying on her chest immediately perked up. She opened her green eyes, smiling widely, before placing a kiss on the other girl's lips. "There's my favorite pair of beautiful green eyes..."

"Oh Taylor, I can't wait for you to see what I got you. You'll love it." Karlie was ecstatic.

"Not as much as I love you." As much as it began to pain her to say that, she didn't let it show. Finding out that Karlie had kissed their best friend Cara was a little shocking and even though they weren't back together at that moment, Taylor still couldn't help but feel jealous. For some reason, she was feeling as though maybe Karlie didn't love her as much as she did. There had to be a reason behind why she had kissed Cara in the first place. It really hurt the other model, immensely, and it scared Taylor how much it hurt her.

But as the thought of Cara popped into her head, she heard her phone go off with a text. Karlie was already climbing off of her and checking her phone on the other side of the room. She couldn't know that Cara had just sent Taylor a text. Taylor wasn't exactly sure how Karlie would react at this time and she didn't feel like finding out, especially not today. 

Cara | 9:20am 

Thanks for your help last night, Taylor.

Taylor | 9:21am

No problem. How are you feeling today?

Cara | 9:22am

Better. Thanks to you

Taylor glanced over her shoulder at Karlie behind her. To say she was shocked would be an understatement. Karlie and Cara had been best friends way before Taylor had met the both of them. They were inseparable from the start and now look what happened to them. It was strange and unexpected how one day turned everything around for the two.

And even though Karlie wouldn't talk about it and didn't show much emotion towards it, Taylor knew it hurt her. She just wasn't sure if it hurt her as much as it should have.

Taylor | 9:22am

I'm glad to hear that

"Taylor, come on!" Karlie said happily from behind her. The blonde had to stop herself from panicking as her girlfriend popped up behind her. She couldn't know she was messaging Cara. Who knows what would happen after that.