“You know I could hear you two assholes right?”

Both guys simultaneously turned and looked at her with a winged brow. “If you’re trying to get on our good side then it’s not working Tabs.” Brandon said next to her.

“I didn’t know that I was supposed to be trying to get on your good side. I already apologized so-”

“If it isn’t my old friends. It’s been a while.” Mason interrupted. None of them noticed him or his crew approaching but when they did, they all straightened in defense. Drake was the first to step up and speak out.

“What do you want?” He bit out.

“Still as hostile as ever aren’t we big brother?” Mason’s smile was a smug one.

Drake eyes narrowed. “What do you want?” He repeated in a gruff tone.

“Not much really. Just wondering ho-”

“So you’re the jackass who stole Jason from us.” Tabitha hopped off of her car and stood next to Drake with her arms crossed over her chest while sported a deep scowl.

Drake and the rest of the guys all looked at her with brooding expressions as they wondered what the hell she was up to.

Jason’s frown couldn’t have deepened anymore as he stood beside Mason and watched as Tabitha mouth off to him. ‘What the hell is she doing?’ He shot his brother a look that said ‘shut her up’. Understanding dawned on Drake’s face and he mirrored that same look over to Victor who quickly grabbed her by the waist, hauled her backwards and tossed her like a rag doll to Chico who lifted and placed her on top of his car. When that was done, he stood in front of her like a body gaurd.

By the time they finished tossing her around, Tabitha’s hazel eyes were blazing red. Jason and the rest of the racers around could’ve hardly cared less. He looked over to his brother and nodded. A telltale sign that though their issues weren’t completely resolved, they weren’t on such horrible grounds with one another anymore.

“I see you got a new lap dog.” Once again Mason was the sardonic one in the group but just as quickly as the words left his mouth, Tabitha succeeded in pushing Chico away from her and jumping off the car.

“Run that by me again you piece of shit!” She snapped. Her stance could clearly be defined as one of an angry woman who was on the verge of attacking.

Jason sighed. Tabitha had a silver tongue but it was her temper that scared most. When she started, stopping her was a mission all on its own and she wouldn’t quit till she got her point across; whether verbally or physically was her choice.

But this was Mason; a sadistic son of a bitch who abused women and who probably had blood stained hands from his various victims. Just standing next to him made Jason’s blood boil.

Mason smirked at Drake. “She has a lot of bark. Does she bite?”

Before Tabitha could say another word, Drake quickly covered her mouth with a palm and snaked an arm around her waist. Jason watched in awe as his brother whispered something into her ears and kissed her temple all the while glaring at Mason.

Confused wasn’t the word!

 Jason, Tabitha and everyone in his former crew mirrored one another’s staggering expression as they watched the unexpected public display of affection coming from Drake of all people. What really had Jason flabbergasted was how easily she calmed down; though it may have had something to do with her being startled by the man still holding onto her.

Snapping out of it, Jason’s green eyes flickered to Drake and met his angry ones. But anger was only a surfaced emotion. Jason knew him well enough to look passed his anger and discover the turmoil swimming in his eyes. He was just as shocked as they were by his action but there was also a trace of something genuine in his eyes that Jason couldn’t point out.