The Vision

^Snowpaw

(This chapter is written by me)

The light shown brightly throughout the whole area as the tan she cat scornfully gazed at her apprentice as she floundered about on ground, attempting to catch a hare. Asterfur's tongue only held back at the thought of the amber & black tom beside her. He seemed to be holding back laughter at the sight of the tiny calico. Part of her longer to her hear to that laugh, but quickly dispersed as she reminded herself that Stormpaw skills reflected her own.

"Stormpaw! Stand up & bend your legs back! You can't lay down while in a hunting crouch!"

The calico flinched in response, & attempted to do as she was told, only to end up flopping down face first once more. The tabby to her left was cackling her head off at the sight of Stormpaw's pitiful attempt at a hunting stance. Asterfur groaned in exasperation. So far with Stormpaw's failures, & Snowpaw's rudeness, the only good thing about this training team up was getting to talk with Ashenstream.

"What's wrong, runt?" Snowpaw teased. "Can't do a simple hunting crouch?"

Ashenstream sighed in response to his apprentice's rudeness, but said nothing, seemingly used to her behavior by now, with it being a half moon since the ceremony. Stormpaw just simply groaned, the sound being muffled by the dirt.

As Snowpaw rambled on, Asterfur's mind wandered to the scenery below her. The ditch Windclan's training camp lied on was atop a hill overlooking the entire forest. Clan legend states that it was formed by a moon boulder that came crashing from Silverpelt, a sign that Starclan was against an act of Windclan at the time, but the rumor was so old that it had simply faded into an old kit's tale by the time Asterfur had heard of it. She scoffed.

'There's no such thing as a moon boulder, & even if their was, why would Starclan wish something as destructive as that upon Windclan? It's simply inconceivable.​​

Sundown was starting to break & the light from above had her covering one eye with her paw. She turned the other one back to her..."companions".

Snowpaw was slumped down onto her back, her head leaning on the passed out Ashenstream while her tail was swishing back on forth on Stormpaw's snoozing face.

Asterfur sweatdropped.

'It seems that kit won't stop torturing Stormpaw even in her sleep.'

She sighed & got up, approaching the trio of unlikely nappers. As she neared them more, she could see Stormpaw thrashing about in her sleep, rolling around so much it's a miracle that the other cats besides her hadn't awakened yet. Sweat dripped down her back. Tears welling up in her eyes. Her tiny paws were trembling as she tossed them around as if she was sprinting from here to the Sunrocks & back.

"NNOOOO!"

Stormpaw suddenly shot up like a bat out of the dark forest, now completely wide awake. She was shaking like a leaf, panting up a storm.

"What the-, " Asterfur started still in shock, "Stormpaw?!"

Snowpaw & Ashenstream had woken up as well, one being concerned & the madder than a badger in a fox den.

"What is wrong with you, you rabbit-brain?! You probably just scared off all the prey on the entire moor!" Snowpaw said, harshly clamping her younger sister over the ear. Stormpaw hissed in pain, obviously still distraught, but less than she was in her sleep. Her bright green eyes were laced with agony as she looked to Asterfur for guidance.

The Siberian huffed under her breath, before roughly shoving the tabby she-cat off her apprentice, & tucking Stormpaw into her chest. Snowpaw hit the ground hard. Ashenstream did nothing, but he did look up at Asterfur with a new sparkle in his amber eyes, obviously very greatful & surprised at her sudden kindness. Asterfur could feel her fur puffing up again the more she looked at him & tried to keep it down to a minimum as looked downwards at the tiny calico again.

The calico was a bit shell shocked, not expecting her mentor to give a mouse's dung about her wellbeing. It seemed her sister may have been right about Asterfur.

'Maybe she's not as bad as she seems... right?'

Stormpaw was still shaken up about everything. Too shaken up. It was too hard for her. She didn't even notice she was being carried off. She closed her eyes, praying to Starclan that she wouldn't have that horrible vision again, but it started the same as it had begun the first time.

Stormpaw felt the fire before it was even a fox length away from the camp. It came hard & it came fast devouring all who dared to enter it's path. It was a disaster. Cats young & old were being swallowed whole by lashes of pure heat that were steadily weaving their way around the outskirts of the heart of Windclan. The approaching roar. The crackling & sizzling. The screams. Oh Starclan, the screams. They came from everywhere all around her tiny, frail body, from those she knew well & hardly knew at all. One of them stuck underneath a large tree, was Nightpaw, her closest friend before becoming an apprentice. Half of her body was charred & burnt to a crisp, signing the rest of what was left her beautiful tortoiseshell coat. She was crying & whimpering in utter agony. Her olive eyes filled with a terror so strong it chilled her to the bone

"S-Stormpaw...." Nightpaw weakly cried out. Reaching out her good left paw to her.

"p-please...." A branch of the tree she was under was cracking, threatening to fall & crush the rest of what was left of her. Stormpaw couldn't move, frozen in fear.

"Help..."

The branch fell.

"MMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee......" Her dying screams echoed across the moor, before being lost in the deafening sounds of the fire forever.

And then everything went black.

She woke up in the burnt husks of what used to be her camp. She walked around for a bit taking it all in. The rock that reached over the nursery had fallen over, leaving all who lied in their to die of suffocation. The rotting carcasses of her dead clanmates surrounded her, taunting her everywhere she went in the now ghost town of her once thriving clan.

​​​​​Everyone was gone, her best friend, her home, gone. In the blink of an eye everyone she ever loved had been taken from her. Just like that. As she moved forward, not even sure if she was in control of her own body anymore, she came face to face with the standing structure left of Windclan. The highrock.

But, there was something off about it, because in graved in the rock was a mark. Three claws marks hidden underneath the darkest shadow of the tall stone, lighten up only by the last speck of fire on the entire moor.