He skated his way to the kitchen to get ice and soon returned with a decorative glass filled with cold milk and ice, waiting to be blended. The stranger was still sat in his place, his head in his hands in almost a frustrated way, and Gerard almost felt bad for the guy, though he didn't feel too bad considering he didn't even know him.

Gerard winced at the loud noise the blender created as he blended the ice and milk. He could tell it scared the stranger too by the distinctive flinch.

It wasn't long before Gerard was topping the sugary sweet milkshake off with a few round, pit-less cherries. He slid the cup across the counter to the man who looked up for a few moments before putting his head back down to suck on the straw piercing the thick drink.

It was quiet again, and Gerard felt his palms sweat for a reason he couldn't quiet place. It was just so awkward- Gerard hadn't had a night this silent and serial killer-like in a while, and it was really getting to him.

"So, um, why're you in here at four in the morning?" Gerard knew he sounded nosey, Hell- he wouldn't even answer his own question, because chances are that if he were in a diner at 4am it would be for a strange fucking reason, and definitely not one he would like to tell strangers.

"Bad day." He muttered around his straw, not bothering to look up. Gerard felt the same sadness again, and he didn't quite enjoy the fact that he was so sympathetic for a guy he didn't even know.

Gerard remained quiet this time, refusing to startle the other man and just generally done trying to make this early morning any less awkward. He was however pleasantly surprised when the man spoke up before him.

"Why're you the only one working here, Isn't this a twenty four-hour diner?" He asked, lifting his head up from his cup and sliding it towards Gerard who was stood across from him. Only the counter separating the two.

"Eh, talked back and earned myself a couple of triple shifts." Gerard said with a small laugh, "I mean that's gotta be fucking illegal or something."

"For sure." The man said with a chuckle, and that was the first time during this entire encounter that Gerard had seen him smile.

Because of the fact that the man had lifted his head up fully, Gerard was able to tell there was a small bruise under his left eye, and his lip seemed to be split in the corner. He raised an eyebrow before speaking.

"Not to pry, but does your bad day have anything to do with that bruise you're sporting?" Gerard asked, watching regretfully as the man's once half smile turned into a prominent frown.

"Yeah," He said lowly, "couldn't keep my mouth shut."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

And there was that same quiet again, except this time they were stuck staring at each other, and Gerard could feel his face heat up as the man almost inspected him. In all of his years as a waiter, never had anyone spent such a long time practically admiring his face and physique, usually it was a two second scan with a raised eyebrow and a small scoff.

"Nice hair... Gerard." He said as he leaned forward, and just as Gerard's jaw dropped in confusion, he laughed.

"It's on your name tag." He muttered, playing with some of the loose change left on the counter.

Gerard swallowed thickly and looked down with embarrassment, "So it is."

"So, tell me, when does your shift end?" He asked around his hand, having put his chin back in his palm in the same fashion as before.

"I'd like to say before six am, but your guess is as good as mine." Gerard looked down, laughing off his need to sleep, he wasn't about to sleep on the job- he was a responsible employee damnit.

"Damn, that's harsh." The guy said with a. raised eyebrow. "I'd love to stay and keep you company, but I've got about,"

He looked down to look at his watch quickly, "-two hours before I should be up and going back to work."

"Where d'you work?" Gerard asked curiously, leaning against his elbows on the counter. There was only a thirty inch distance between them, and Gerard didn't really mind weirdly enough, he was actually too busy admiring the small smile planted right on the strangers lips. Because he wasn't frowning like he was earlier, and Gerard felt proud that his misery was at least benefiting someone.

"Hm, not sure I know you well enough to tell you, Gerard." The man teased, his eyes crinkling at the corners in a way Gerard could only describe as beautiful.

"Unfair," Gerard practically giggled, "can you at least tell me your name?"

"Um," He looked down at the counter as he tapped a finger against the cold surface, "no."

"No?" Gerard asked with a raised eyebrow, "the fuck?"

"Would you look at that, I should get going." The guy laughed, and Gerard had the sudden urge to punch him.

"Oh come on- you've gotta be joking." Gerard had an unamused look splattered across his face, and it didn't seem to be going anywhere any time soon.

He blinked out of confusion when the man got up and got out his wallet and laid down a few bills to cover the milkshake, plus a five dollar tip.

"But- I still don't know your name.." Gerard said quietly with a sad frown.

The man hesitated before leaving, looking over at a sad Gerard with a small smile.

"Hey, don't be sad." He said with reassuring eyes, "I'll be back, sugar."

That was the last thing he said before he left, and Gerard was left alone in a dimly lit diner to wonder what the fuck just happened- and when the fuck he was going home.

☆☆☆

what's good lads,

it's the second chapter and i'm already throwing in horrible greetings. great~

feel free to tell me if my grammar is shit.. and that's it from me, bye laddies