Chapter 36: Home Again

Pfft I couldn't keep you guys hanging, could I? :P

James Marsden as Tom Foreigner to the side!

NOTE: I do NOT own the picture, nor do I clam I do. That goes to it's rightful owner!

Also to the side: Waiting For Superman by Daughtry!

NOTE: I do NOT own the video, lyrics, or song, nor do I claim I do. All those go to their rightful owners.

Enjoy!
------
I rushed into the hospital room where Jordan was. She was, in fact, alive.

I was in contact with Lucy, Mom, Dad, Arch, and Quince every thirty minutes.
Although the firstborn, a little boy, had been born a stillborn, Arch and Jordan had given him a name: Eric Jake Foreginer. Jordan and Arch were both devistated, but they didn't have much time to greive.

Two more had been born only three hours later:

A little boy and girl. They had named their living son Levi Isaac Foreigner, after his brother. And they named the girl Jennifer Faye Foreigner.

I broke down in both joy and sadness, because not only were the two babies were gonna be okay, but also because they seemed to have been healthy for the most part even though they were four months early, which is six months, which also was around 26 weeks early out of the normal time of 37 weks.

The sad part about it: I wasn't there to be with her.

We're almost to Dragon's Cove luckily, and going to go see her at the hospital immediately. Like normal hospitals, Dragon's Cove is highly advanced with all the equipment and medication needed.

As soon as Jackson pulls up to the front to drop me off there while he parks, I'm out of the car within ten seconds and running towards the door.

Calm down, I scold my frantic and scattered mind, Jordan is fine. Lucy said she was fine, and that she was going to be okay, along with the babies.

I bit my lip as I shakily pressed the elevator button. I paced the hallway and soon, with a ding, the elevator door slipped open. I rushed inside and pressed the floor Jordan was on.

I tapped my foot impatiently and leaned against the railing. I took deep breaths in attempt to calm my raging nerves. I was scared, nervous when I found out the news.

When I had dropped the phone, Jackson had led me to the couch and took the phone from the floor and talked with Lucy. Ten minutes later we were out the door, forgetting our stuff which was not important, speeding to the airport.

The door slid open and I quickly rushed out into the quiet hallway. Some nurses walked past and a receptionist at a desk typed some things on a computer.

I went down the hall leading towards the room number I wanted. I found the door and didn't bother to knock before swinging it open.

My eyes scanned the room as voices dropped and eyes turn to me in surprise.

"Faye." My head whips towards Jordan and I rush towards her side.
She reached up from the bed, and I leaned down. I hugged her, tears spilling from my eyes. "God, Jordan, I missed you."

"Shh," she sooths. Why was she soothing me? I wasn't the one who had to give birth!

"Stop," I sniffled in her shoulder. "I-I'm supposed to be comforting you."

I felt a hand on my back and turn to see Mom looking down at me with a concerned expression. "She's okay, sweetheart."

"Really, I am," Jordan agrees, smiling weakly at me. "I'm just really tired."

"But-but the babies," I went on.

"Are okay," Mom promises soothingly, hand still on my back. "They're being cared for and soon we'll get to see them."

I sniffled again, wiping my eyes. "But the first baby.."

Jordan's expression turned sad. "I know, Faye. It's hard for me too, especially since I'm the mother, but at least I know he wasn't in any pain."

I wipe my eyes one more time and nod shakily. "Yeah, that's good..I'm sorry."

"Don't be," she replied softly as I sat on her bed. "You came all the way here from your honeymoon..for me."

"Of course," I told her, smiling. "I love you, Jordan. I'd go to the edge of the world to find you if I had to."

She smiled, tears brimming her eyes. "As I would for you."

Dad sits down next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I sniff and lean into his chest as I did when I was a little child. It always used to comfort me when I was sad or scared, because Dad always knew how to make me and Jordan feel better.

Jackson walks in and asks Jordan how she is and she replied she was well.

Jackson nods, smiling a little. "Good, I'm glad to hear. I'm sorry for your loss."

She smiles sadly back. "Thanks, little brother."

He raised an eyebrow, surprised. "Excuse me?"

She chuckles, looking amused. "You're my brother-in-law, remember?"

Jackson flushed, puffing his cheeks out. "Oh, yeah, right."

Jordan smiled sweetly. "Just don't hurt my sister or I'll cut your balls off and feed them to the dragons."

Jackson's eyes widen and his mouth gaped open. Mom laughed, throwing her head back.

He scratched the back of his head. "Right. Don't hurt Faye or I die, got it."

"Not die," Jordan says sternly, but still smiling, "just neutered."

I feel Dad's chest rumble with laughter, and it sounded throughout the room.

Even Arch was chuckling from the opposite side of the bed.

"I'll remember that," Jackson replied, face still red.

"Good." She nods jokingly, as if pleased with his reply.

"And you." She turns to me. "No getting pregnant. You're to young."

This time I blushed. "Jordan, I'm not pregnant. Jesus."

"I'm just saying." She held her hands up. "Be safe."

"God, Jordan, can't you just not talk about that?"

"You are being safe, right?"

"W-what?" I sputter. "Jordan what the hell?"

Mom couldn't keep herself from laughing. Dad had turned serious and was scowling at Jackson.

"It's none of my business what you guys have done," Jordan continue casually, "but I just curious."

"Curious?" I huff, embarrassed. "About what exactly?"

"You and Jackson."

"That's really," I said slowly, "none of your business."

"No, I know." She waves me off. "I just thought you'd want to tell me how you like it."

I blushed furiously. "Okay, this conversation is over."

Jordan's eyes brightened and she smirks, sitting up. "No way. You have done it!"

"Shut up," I whine at her, moving from her bed behind a chuckling Jackson. "I can tell you're feeling better so you can stop now."

Laughter sounded throughout the room, except for Dad who was glaring at Jackson.

--

I honestly hope this was long enough. I only have science homework to finish, so maybe I could upload again after that's done.

Until next time, beauties!

-Grace xx

The Soul of A Dragon Riderजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें