Hurt [Akaashi Keji]

Akaashi hanahaki au

————

'It hurts', the only thought filling your head as you stared off at your friend, Niyou, as she went on rambling to your deskmate.

Why would a random conversation between your classmates hurt you so much? It was odd, you always thought to yourself. You never believed in the ideals or the very thought of love but just staring off at their idle talk makes your chest hurt and your mind burned with jealously.

It took your stubborn self a solid month to accept the fact that you liked him, your desk mate, Akaashi. You were in denial to say the least, you didn't want these feelings bubbling up inside you, it hurts. Everytime he looked at you, the little smiles he'd give you, his gorgeous greenish eyes that you couldn't seem to look away from, it felt like heaven, you really really liked it, you liked him.

The many months the two of you had known each other was enough to make your heart go wild and thank the gods you had met him but why? Why were you so stubborn that you wouldn't, couldnt come to terms with it. You liked him but you just couldn't bring yourself to accept it.

He was amazing, he truly was. You transferred to Fukurodani High School a few months into your second year, not having a single clue who anyone was, you heard it was a powerhouse school for the volleyball team but that was all. You didn't know anyone there and the only reason you transferred was because of your parents shift of work. You weren't too bummed about moving and transferring, if anything you accepted it like it was just any other small matter. Sure, you were sad you had to leave your long term friends but you would still keep in touch. After all, it wasn't like you were going to die or anything.

You were truly scared the first day there, everyone was a stranger and getting lost on your first day was really one of the worst things that could happen in your books. Standing near the school gates, you looked around the students there, the students you would be seeing for your next two years, most of them seemed happy, with friends around them, some couples walking about. It was truly a peaceful and happy sight. You forgot everything about the fact that you didn't know anyone there or your class.  You were snapped out of your trance when a tall, rather buff looking student tapped your shoulder. The male had spiky white hair with black roots and next to him was a tall, black messy haired, really, really handsome guy.

"Hey hey heyyyy!!!! You're a new student right? Are you a second year?" He asked. You stared at the male then to his friend who was looking at him with much annoyance. Your eyes reverted back to the guy who had questioned you and answered, "y-yeah...".

His eyes sparkled and turned around to his messy haired friend, "aKAASHI, IS THIS THE STUDENT THAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT?"

"I don't know, Bokuto-san. Why don't you ask her?" The messy haired boy replied.

You took note that the messy haired boy was called 'Akaashi' and he would probably be your classmate. The rather owlish dude was noted as 'Bokuto'.

You decided to interrupt by asking them where your class was, this resulted in Bokuto screaming out "SHE IS THE STUDENT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT" and a firm nod from Akaashi.

Your question was answered by Bokuto when he said "Akaashi will be your guide then, I'm heading to class now!" Firmly patting his friends back, he walked off to where you assume his class would be. He seemed rather suspicious to you yet you just couldn't point your finger at it.

It was from your first encounter with Akaashi that the two of your friendship started to blossom, slowly. Thanks to a certain third year. You soon began to make friends of your own, mostly acquaintances but it still counted.