Goodbye [Kageyama Tobio]

Kageyama soulmate au

Everyone has a timer on their non dominant hand's wrist to when they'll first talk to their soulmate. When the timer ends they'll meet them, if it stops abruptly signifies that their soulmate died.

don't worry you won't die.

yet.

———

You went to the same school with Kageyama even back when the two of you were in Kitagawa Daichi middle school. You knew who he was, yet you never thought to approach him. Back then you merely thought of him as any other school mate you had, simply some back ground character in your life. You never thought to talk to him, or anyone for that matter, you would rather be a loner than know a lot of fake someones.

Even so, you would still have a couple of friends, a lot of acquaintances and people you didnt really know how you met but you would wave at them. You were perceived as an all rounder, you weren't really hated by anybody nor was anyone exactly close to you, or at least that's what you claim. There were the few of those loud and extroverted kids that would be a little bit too friendly and tell you that you were their bestest friendliest friend in the world. You never really liked those kids.

Even back in middle school, everyone around you would start talking about meeting their soulmates, some of them had already found them and most of them would find their soulmates in high school, yours included. You had three more years to go, which would make you eighteen then, your last year of high school. You dreaded at the very thought of meeting them, a system that would arrange who you would eventually love? That was hilarious.

You would sometimes speak your mind on the topic of soulmates and people around you would just look at you funny. You also liked observing things, people and mainly sceneries and objects, back in Kitagawa Daichi no one really caught your attention, except maybe that one kinda tall kid who you've heard was Kageyama. At the time he intrigued you due to all the things you heard your one classmate you was in the same team as Kageyama say about him. He was an arrogant king or something and every time you walked by him you'd give him a little annoyed glare, you doubted he realised you were doing so as you noticed he never realised your presence.

———

Going in your first day of high school at Karasuno, you had the biggest shock of your life when you realised someone from your middle school was there. Part of you hoped that you wouldn't meet anyone you knew from your old school. You stared at him while he was putting in his shoe in his shoe box, your expression was blank like you were daydreaming. Scrunching your brows millions of thoughts were running through your head specifically the thought of "why was he here?" You didn't want someone you knew back in middle school to be here, let alone the king of the court.

School life in Karasuno was fun, you enjoyed your club activities, you were doing great in your studies, heck! You even made friends that you genuinely liked, they were your classmates, one was Tsukishima and the other was Yamaguci. On your fist week of school you befriended Yamaguchi since he was sitting next to you, he asked you for a pencil and you lent him and the two of you started talking and eventually he told you about his friend, Tsukishima, you heard the two of them were in the volleyball team and Tsukishima ranted to you about the idiots in the volleyball club.

When he mentioned Kageyama's name you told him you kinda knew him back in middle school. He smirked and told you everything about his bossy attitude and you learnt to dislike the raven haired boy even more.

But as time gradually passed to the end of your first year, you heard he was no longer the arrogant king people said he was, although Tsukishima would still call him that to provoke Kageyama. You started to take interest in hearing your two friend's stories about their volleyball club experience.