"wOrm?" [Iwaizumi Hajime]

Iwaizumi soulmate au

soulmate au where their first words to each other are tattooed (?) on their wrist/ forearm (depending on the length of the sentence)

————

"wOrm?", thats the word imprinted on Iwaizumi's wrist in small dainty lettering, a rather simple word, quite hard to understand it. Iwaizumi always got questions about his soulmate tattoo and every single time, all he did was shrug and simply say "i don't know either".

It was something the ace of Seijoh paid little to no mind to, he knew that he would meet his soulmate someday anyways so there was no need for him to rush. His friend, Oikawa was somewhat of an opposite of him, rather he, Oikawa, was rather pumped up about the topic of soulmates as he too haven't met his one and only yet. He just knew he would instantly fall in love with her (or him wink wonk) when he gets to meet them.

"'O-oikawa-senpai , you forgot your textbook!'" Iwaizumi said looking at Oikawa's forearm which he rolled up to show him, proudly, might i add, one day while the two of them were in their club room waiting for the rest to arrive. "that's what your soulmate's first words for you are?" he asked looking a bit skeptical even if the words on his hand wouldn't lie.

"h-HEy, i think it's kinda sweet!" Oikawa retorted, slightly flustered. this was their usual conversation, Iwaizumi would ask Oikawa these questions while Oikawa gets flustered.

"at least mine isn't a one worded sentence!" he continued. it was true that one worded sentences as the first things your soulmate would say to you were rare but it wasn't impossible.

"yeah, fine", Iwaizumi sighed in defeat, not wanting to prolong the conversation any longer. but to his demise, Oikawa continued.

"do you think my soulmate could be a really cute girl? that's like cheery?" he rhetorically asked his spiky haired friend.

"probably one of your fan girls that you've never spoken to, probably loud too. judging by your type." Iwaizumi answered.

"oH, come one! Iwa-chan~ be more serious!" Oikawa pouted, which made his friend roll his eyes in annoyance. "i wonder when we'll meet!" he continued in his ever so cheery tone. "oh, i wonder who you're soulmate would be, Iwa-chan!" Oikawa smirked, continuing, "i bet it's that girl below our year, (h/c)(h/l) hair, (e/c) eyes... (y/n)-chan was it? i've been seeing you looking at her whenever you get the chance to!"

this resulted in a blushing Iwaizumi throwing Oikawa out of the club room.

the other members who were just outside were stunned when they saw Oikawa flying out on their way in.

———

you were looking down on your forearm while waiting for Akiyama Kaori, your friend since they were twelve. the words "did you purposely set those two up?" tethered your forearm in big bold lettering. you, a second year at Seijoh always found it confusing whenever the words ran through your mind.

"setting what up? who are 'those two'?" you constantly asked yourself, but could never figure it out, eventually, you would always give up.

most students in your school had already found their soulmate which didn't really bum you out but it did bum out Kaori, she for one was one of those lovesick and delusional teens who would go out of their way to read, write and imagine herself with a fictional character or her crush. you too would read and occasionally self indulge in these things but you were no match for Kaori. other than fictional characters, she also had quite a huge crush on your school's star volleyball setter. her love for him grew even more when he once mentioned to a group of fan girls that he still hadn't found his soulmate where you overheard and told her about it.