Senpai [Nishinoya Yuu]

Nishinoya soulmate au

soulmate au where their soulmates first words said to each other would appear on their non-dominant hand, on the wrist/ forearm depending on the length of the sentence.

————

Nishinoya always liked the words his soulmate would say to him, it made his heart flutter every time he looked down on his forearm.

"I-I Love you, Nishinoya-senpai!"

It was a confession and he knew it, it was obvious by the words and he always wondered what his soulmate would look like. When he first came to Karasuno High School, he befriended Tanaka whom currently is his best friend, they both joined the volleyball club and met Kiyoko Shimizu. She was absolutely gorgeous and part of Nishinoya hoped the confession would be from her but it was obvious it wasn't.

"Oi, Tanaka, do you think that pretty third year could be my soulmate" Nishinoya said discreetly one day while they were in the gym practicing serves. He showed Tanaka his forearm and grinned widely.

Tanaka's eyes were glistening with envy as he saw the words teetered on his bro's forearm. He quickly thought about it and said, "Nah, Kiyoko-san is a year older than us. She wouldn't call you senpai even if you were her senpai."

The two of them gave a dejected sigh and carried on with their practice.

———

It was the start of your first year at Karasuno and you were as nervous as ever. Coming from Chidoriyama Middle School, you heard about the famous Libero going to this very school. He was a year older than you, of course, and you always found him intriguing, his gravity defying hair that spikes up, his adorable little piece of blond streak falling in front of his hair, his ever so cheerful and loud personality you've come to heard. He was, undoubtedly, amazing and spectacular and every idiom you could think of, you liked him, heck you could even say you're in love with him. Even if you've never spoken to him before because of your ever so shy nature.

You always went to their matches back in middle school even after he graduated, volleyball was interesting to you but you quite honestly suck at it. Although you sucked, it never bothered you, you were more of a watcher and a doer.

The first few months in Karasuno, you noticed that Nishinoya wasn't in the volleyball gym and that he had quite a look on his face that made you pity him even thought you didn't know why. You wanted to talk to him, by you were too shy, too awfully shy.

School life was fun though, you somehow made several friends and they were nice. Most of them had already found their soulmate yet it never quite bummed you out. It did made you feel a little bit lonely and outcasted but all was well when you befriended a girl in your class, Yachi Hitoka, she was so sweet and kind but awfully shy quite like you. You always wondered how you managed to befriend someone so similar to you.

The two of you would always talk about the most random things like why you think teal shouldn't be matched with white.

One day, the two of you started talking about one random book and the conversation somehow drifted to soulmates. "One, two three!" The two of you said at the same time, rolling up your sleeves to reveal the words imprinted on one another's hand.

"Hey! (Y/n)-san, what are you doing here!? Was what yours said.

You looked at Yachi's hand and saw hers ,"YACHI-SAN!"

The two of you giggled at each other's tattoo and stared to wonder who your soulmates would be. Yachi asked, "do you have anyone in mind?" You stared at her, thinking hard as she started panicking at your reaction, to her you literally froze. With her arms flailing about she started apologising profusely.