Chapter 26 - No one needs to hear your words

Start from the beginning

"You're still recovering, right?" Uraraka waved her hands at Midoriya, "You don't have to reply if you can't. Just rest first, okay?"

Midoriya glanced at her, and reluctantly nodded.

"Well... you won the Sports Festival, didn't you, Midoriya." Yaoyorozu started, "You'll probably be transferred into the hero course next year... are you excited for it? I think it's really amazing that you managed to get so far without a quirk."

Midoriya glanced at her briefly, before he turned his gaze away from her and curled up even tighter, pulling the jacket over his body. Yaoyorozu didn't really bring it up, but Midoriya was completely covered in bandages from the neck down. She felt a shiver down her spine, and clenched her fists.

She was in the hero course, dammit, and a recommended student to boot. And yet, the quirkless General Education student without any proper training was the one that suffered the brunt of the physical and psychological damage and trauma.

"Well, he's going to have to catch up with the lessons, right, if he's going to transfer?" Jiro asked.

"No, not really. The only difference between the Hero and General Education courses are the Foundational Hero Studies and access to the different facilities." Yaoyorozu stated, "He might have to catch up on those lessons, and maybe a bit of Modern Hero Art History with Midnight sensei, but that should be it. How are you doing in lessons?"

Midoriya blankly glanced at her again, before he gave her a small shrug even though he was curled up in a ball.

"Well... I guess he's doing okay?" Yaoyorozu sighed, "I suppose you wouldn't have any problems keeping up. If you do need help, feel free to ask us. We can help you."

They stood there awkwardly, not sure what to do next.

"Ahh... you guys should be heading back to class right now, shouldn't you? The bell would ring soon. I don't think Aizawa would tolerate you being late, even though he's all wrapped in bandages. He always was a stubborn one." Nezu stated, breaking the silence, not even looking up from his paperwork.

"My apologies, sir!" Iida saluted, before he started ushering everyone out of the room, "We shall head back right now! Midoriya, take care of yourself, okay?"

Todoroki turned to leave, before the stopped. He took and deep breath, and bowed, "Thank you.... For saving Iida and I in Hosu. I don't think we would have come out unscathed if you didn't do so... and I apologise for what Endeavor did in the beginning of your fight with Stain. I... I tried to tell him that you were on our side and -"

"That wasn't your fault." Iida insisted, "You couldn't control what Endeavor did. But I also have to thank you for saving us back there, Midoriya. And for... what happened in UA..."

Midoriya weakly shook his head. He did not want to remember being bashed into the ground over and over again, his broken bones piercing random organs left and right. Bleeding out from all over the place was a much worse experience from what he had thought, and he wasn't eager to recall what had happened.

Ryuto bumped his head against Midoriya's, and Reiko licked Midoriya's cheek, before letting out a meow. Koda quickly signed, Reiko says not to talk about it, and Shinsou translated it for the rest of the group.

"Get well soon, Midoriya!" Uraraka waved, as she left the room.

Yaoyorozu stood outside, waiting for Iida and Todoroki to exit and close the door, before she hissed, "Midoriya fought Stain!?"

---------------------------

Midoriya sat up on the bed. Shuzenji had updated him on his condition and had healed him up again, and while her quirk supposedly was supposed to drain his energy, Midoriya had been sleeping far too long and was used to operating under minimal energy for him to actually feel tired again.