Connor Kenway x Wife Reader (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Oh! Is that so?" Connor felt a bit disappointed. He was expected something else. If he just let the doctor continue his sentence before he cut him off...

"Yes, it will disappear when she gives a birth to your child." The doctor smiled which made Connor's eyes lit up with hope and happiness.

He quickly reached inside to his wife who was now setting on the bed, holding her small belly in protective manner. Connor approached her quietly and sat down beside her, putting his hand on hers.

"Connor..."

"Yes."

"I'm afraid."

Connor frowned, understanding what she meant. When he didn't say anything, Y/N looked at him with worried E/C eyes, "What if the same thing happened?" She asked. Connor smiled gently at her,"I will make sure it won't happen again. You and the child will be fine, I promise." Connor reassure her and pecked her lips. He had to keep his promise to her, he didn't want to see her cry again.

"I will also try my best to raise the child, Connor. We will have a family." Y/N finally smiled a genuine smile that reached to her eyes.

"For sure, love. Now I have to escort the doctor. I will see you later and don't leave the bed, okay?" Y/N nodded her head and kissed her husband.

Connor then left the homestead with the doctor, but he didn't know that he would see something will surprise him.

~~

Haytham was walking in the forest with Roger. He found him in the market, flirting with some women who didn't like how he stared at them. Haytham couldn't believe that there was someone like this man in the Templar Order, he told him that he had to accompany him to receive a secret letter which was a lie of course. The man definitely had to obey his master's orders, with huffs and groans. What an asshole!!

When Haytham reached so deep in the forest,he stopped. Roger spoke up " Are we finally here?" He asked, with bored look on his face. "No, I saw something moving in those bushes, go and check out." Haytham's blank voice ordered which made Roger mentally curse. He went to the bushes in front of Haytham to look if there really was something.

"Master, there's not---"

His statement was cut by a sickening groan. He looked down and saw blood coming from his side, Haytham stabbed him with his hidden blade. He took his blade out and Roger fell down, "W-why?" He said, holding his side.

"This is for what you have done to that woman." Haytham still had the blank voice. "She i-is an assassin's w-wife, w-why d-do you care?" Roger spoke through gritted teeth. "She was pregnant and I think I made it obvious when I said don't harm the innocent especially the children..." He then pulled out his pistol and aimed it at him, "W-wait master, p-please forgive m-me!" He pleaded.

"You killed that child and broke the mother's heart, but most importantly, you took away my granddaughter."

"I-I'm sorry, I d-didn't know."

"Sorry won't bring her back and no one will know about you from now on."

He pulled the trigger and then...BANG!!

Haytham lowered his hand and looked up at the sky, "Hope this will make rest now." He closed his eyes, taking deep breaths to calm his heart. However, someone called him.

"Father!?"

Haytham looked back and saw Connor standing there with his tomahawk in his hand. Connor's eyes drifted to the dead man in the ground and noticed his uniform, He is a Templar. Did he just kill a Templar? It seemed that Haytham understood Connor's confusion, he cleared his throat saying,"To make it clear, he is the murderer of your daughter." If Connor wasn't good at hiding his feelings, Haytham would see his jaw drop down in shock, but thankfully Connor just looked away.