07

𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐑𝐔𝐍
she wasn't just pretty. she was otherworldly and vaguely threatening

RICK LED THE GROUP through Atlanta, trying to avoid in walkers that lingered onto the streets

RICK LED THE GROUP through Atlanta, trying to avoid in walkers that lingered onto the streets. Nadia was pulling her hair into a pony tail seeing as sweat kept dripping down her neck.

The ride was silent for awhile; but then Daryl looked over at T-Dog. "He'd better be okay." he glared at the man who left his brother behind. "It's my only word on the matter." 

"I told you, the geeks can't get at him. The only thing that's gonna get through that door is us," T-Dog told him, rolling his eyes.

Glenn looked over at Nadia who was leaning back against the cool wall of the truck. "You said you can pick the lock, right?"

She nodded. "Yup."

"What were you before all this?" T-Dog questioned the girl. "You can easily handle your own."

She simply smirked. "I was nothing before this," she told them. "I was just a girl in school, about to graduate."

"Then, where did you learn all that stuff from?" Glenn asked, his eyes wide as he simply analyzed her. She was maybe about 5'3, petite body, and soft features, she looked like she could hardly hurt a fly, but he saw what she could do, and it amazed him.

She sighed and tilted her head. "Self defense classes."

"Where were your parents during all this?" Daryl was the one to ask this. He needed to know who she was and why she looked like his ex girlfriend.

That was the question that made her clench her jaw. "I don't know. They gave me up when I was a baby," she simply said, her voice low, showing no emotion at all. Deep down, the little girl inside her, wanted to know her parents. But the logical side of her hated them for giving her up and for making her go through eighteen years of hell on her own.

Daryl reeled back slightly, feeling more protective over the girl than he should. For fucks sakes, he doesn't even know her, but the fact she looks way too eerily like his ex girlfriend was bugging him. Once he gets back to camp, he's going to search for the only picture he has of her to make sure he wasn't seeing things.

"We walk from here," Glenn stated as the truck stopped, and then got out of the truck along with Rick.

Nadia was the first one up and swung the back up, and jumped down without any difficulty. She hardened her face, trying to act like Daryl reminding her that she had no one, didn't hurt at all.

The quickly made their way down the train tracks, and approached a hole in a fence which they went through with no problems. It surprised them to see no walkers so far, but they're not going to complain.

Suddenly, Rick stopped and turned to them, which made Nadia straighten her posture. "Merle first or the guns?"

"Merle!" Daryl snapped angrily and Nadia rose a brow over at him. "We ain't even having this conversation."