Part 48

INT. GOAT MAN'S HOUSE - NIGHT

VANESSA kicks down the door. DARCY's arms are wrapped around NANCY and Vanessa's shoulders. He is unresponsive to the girl's panic. MIN snaps their head towards the commotion, and they drop the book they were reading. LUCY enters the room with food and is shocked to see the commotion.

MIN CONT'D: What the fuck happened?

VANESSA: An accident happened.

LUCY: Oh my god. Is he alright?

MIN: What accident?

NANCY: Can we talk later? He's hurt and needs medical attention right now!

MIN: I'll see what I can do. Lay him down on the ground. I might have some extra herbs in my satchel. Also cushion his head.

Min goes to the desk to retrieve their satchel. Vanessa helps Nancy lay Darcy down. Nancy takes a nearby cloth and uses it as cushioning for Darcy's head. Vanessa drops the key onto the table quietly and walks to leave. Min notices and they turn their attention to her. Lucy watches the scene in worry, unsure on what to do next.

MIN CONT'D: Where are you going now?

VANESSA: I quit.

LUCY: Quit what?

VANESSA: This. I can't do this anymore.

MIN: Vanessa, Are you sure you want to do this?

NANCY: You're just leaving?

VANESSA (to Nancy): I don't see why you're so concerned. You were destroying public property not too long ago.

Nancy stays silent. Lucy carefully pats Nancy's back.

MIN CONT'D (to Nancy and Lucy): Take these herbs and crush them into that mortar and pestle from the desk. When you're done, transfer it into a bowl, add water and waft it under his nose. If he wakes up, make him drink it.

Nancy and Lucy follow Min's instructions. Vanessa is almost out the door at this point and Min stops her.

MIN CONT'D: Why are you quitting?

VANESSA: Apparently all I can do is just fuck things up for the group. I got someone hurt for god's sake!

MIN: It was only one incident.

VANESSA: You told me to talk to you if I wanted to help with the codex.

MIN: Yeah, it would be more eff-

VANESSA: And you guys renamed the club! I don't even feel like I'm leader anymore.

MIN: We never agreed on who was leader. We're all working together as a team.

VANESSA: Well, I want out of that team.

Min sighs. The two gives each other long stares and Min turns their back towards her to go aid Darcy.

MIN: Do whatever. I don't care.

VANESSA: Alright.

Vanessa leaves the room. Lucy looks at Darcy sadly and Nancy is holding the bowl close to Darcy's face. Min walks up to the girls and places a hand on Nancy's shoulder. They take the bowl from her and they set it down.

NANCY CONT'D: He's not waking up.

MIN: He might have a concussion. I don't see any bleeding but there could be a lot of internal damage.