Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

I couldn’t explain to my teachers the reason why I wasn’t going to class tomorrow. Three Quarters radio interview was scheduled tomorrow and we couldn’t afford not to attend that one. Rock Music had a lot of listeners and that would surely helped us find the fans we needed.

              Mr. Carlos believed that I only wanted to screw the last year of my stay in high school. According to him, most people do that. But since they were in their last year and they didn’t want to see those screwing students anymore, they would decide to just pass them and let them graduate. It’s not like I’m ‘screwing’ my last year in high school. I just wanted to make sure that my plan was going smoothly.

              I couldn’t blame them anyway. Since they didn’t know what I had on my sleeves, of course that’s what’s they’re going to think. Poor me. Some people were just too judgemental. Just because I was asking to be excused for a day, didn’t mean I was a bad student already.

              Shane texted me again and reminded me about the event we had to attend this weekend. I think he had a strict kind of parents. Or maybe just his father. Why was it being a big deal for him? He was making sure that I wouldn’t back down on him. He had to trust me. I said I would go with him. He didn’t have to remind me over and over again.

              “If you fail on any of your class because of this band, I’m gonna have to request for you to quit schooling instead,” he had said.

              I didn’t say anything and just went to my class. It’s not like something big was going to happen tomorrow. It would just be an ordinary day filled with not so  memorable happenings. And even if he wouldn’t give me the permission I was asking, I was still going to do.

              “Mom is so going to flip  once she finds out I skipped a day at school,” Ginny said during lunch.

              I put down my sandwich and stared at her with boring look. “Do you want to be there or not? You’re our manager!”

              “Alright! Alright! I’m just thinking what my mom would say,” she said, pouting.

              “Just think of that after tomorrow,” I said, sighing in the end. “I just want to make sure that Three Quarters will get known in a month’s time. As every day pass by, Red is getting more and more popular, making it hard to meet them at the top. It will take more than a month to get that kind of popularity if all we do is have our songs played on the radio and attending some TV interviews. That won’t take the band anywhere,” I explained. I reached for her hand. “I want you to be there when I get that revenge but it’s okay if you don’t want to be a part of any of it.”

              She smiled and placed a hand on top of mine. “Of course I want to be there with you. You’re my best friend. Don’t worry. I’ll be there with you tomorrow.”

              I was thankful to have a best friend like her. I couldn’t ask for anything more.

I didn’t tell Shane to pick me up after school but I spotted his car outside the school’s gate. I walked over to it but he wasn’t there. His phone was on the dashboard. I looked around and that’s when I saw a crowd on the side.

                I walked over to it, craned my neck up high to see what the commotion was about. Shane was on the center, wearing this sunglass that covered his brown eyes, khaki shorts and a plain white T-shirt. Girls were surrounding him and asking for pictures and his signature.