Flurry

Doflamingo's presence alone only kindled your animosity towards him. The flame of the vendetta he had over Law needed to be extinguished, and soon. An exhausting amount of unanswered questions was suffocating, and Doflamingo being at the club only reminded you of the night Law was ambushed.

There was no doubt Doflamingo slipped past security somehow, seeing as Jinbe revered Law even above Kid. He also didn't have his signature coat on, rather a low-collar pink dress shirt tucked into brown slacks. He was laying low. With that in consideration, there was confirmation he likely wouldn't rile up a scene while surrounded by Jinbe and his loyal staff. Then again, was Doflamingo here alone? Or did he have spies lingering about as well?

"What should we do?" Amanda asked, bearing the same contemplative look you had.

Warning Law would likely sour his mood, and an embittered Law was difficult to cheer up, as you've gradually learned. It would also encourage him to find Doflamingo and fight him on sight, which was the last thing you wanted on your date night.

"Find Jinbe," you told Amanda, smiling and waving your hands to pretend you were having a casual conversation with her. "He'll know what to do."

With that, Amanda got up and bled into the crowd, taking your faith with her as you hoped she'd keep a level head and not get Doflamingo involved. Meanwhile, you kept your cool on the couch and thanked the waitress who brought drinks that Amanda ordered before you got there. When she left, you peered back over to keep an eye on Doflamingo - but he disappeared.

Crap!

The mood seemed to have shifted in the club. You felt more eyes on you despite people mingling and minding their own business. But instead of gathering fear, you were growing irritated. One night. You just wanted one night to yourselves without the taxing weight of Law's enemies on your shoulders. Now it wasn't Law you were worried about getting into a fight, it was you.

Kid came barreling down the stairs, his brows furrowed and his chest heaving. He brushed past people to get to your booth, glancing around and attempting not to obtain any attention, though the latter failed when he caught some eyes.

Oh no.

"Hey," he hissed. His abrupt presence got you standing. "Law's in trouble up there, but I've gotta find Jinbe. Get Amanda and-- Wait, where is she?"

"We saw Doflamingo, I already got her looking for Jinbe," your tone was rushed as you pushed past him, b-lining it to the staircase, but Kid blocked your path and you bumped into his chest.

"Move!" You ordered, voice hushed and still attempting not to capture the attention of randoms.

"He wants you and Amanda out of here," Kid interjected, his hand immediately gripping your shoulder. The death glare you gave him forced his hand to soften, but you could tell he was just trying to obey Law's orders.

"I'm not leaving without him," you protested and shook yourself free of his hold.

You were thankful he didn't persist, but knew he'd get punished for letting you slip. His penchant for maintaining an upper hand was diminished for the sake of the situation, and he resolved to continue his mission finding Jinbe and Amanda.

Gripping the railing, you hurried up the stairs. Your heart pounded in your ears and every ounce of you prayed Law hadn't gotten hurt. No blood. No bruises. Please. Doflamingo was unpredictable in that sense, whether it was his own doing or an extension of his associates.

"That's her!"

Oh great.

When you reached the top floor, voices echoed from the staircase behind you belonging to some unrecognizable men who were of no doubt associated with Doflamingo. Hurrying, you scoured the patio for Law, but he wasn't there. A couch was upturned and broken glass peppered the floor - proof a fight had already taken place.

The door to the patio flung open as a result of the gusting winds, and a brief flash of Zoro locking fists with a random guy gave you a hint that Law should be close. But before you could make it, the men behind you caught up and one wrapped his arms around your waist, picking you up with ease.

"Hey!" You yelped, pounding on his arms before you had your wrists apprehended, rendering you only able to kick and thrash.

"Law!" You howled on instinct, hearing the grunts of the men behind you when you managed to land a few kicks with your heels into their legs. "Zoro!" Anybody!

When the last of the men attempted to restrain your legs as well - seeing how feral and uncontrollable you were at this moment - you cycled your feet in time to kick his shoulder, and whether it was intentional or not, you don't know. You just weren't about to become a damsel in distress again.

"Law! L--mm!" The man who picked you up was obviously struggling, and moved an arm over your mouth just to shut you up. But you bit down on his arm and earned a chance to wiggle free, fighting to gain some distance from them.

"Doffy told us this would be easy," one of them grumbled out before taking off his tie and muzzling you with it.

You bit and thrashed, your yelling was muffled but still causing a commotion until a booming growl thundered over your voice. Everyone froze. Such a growl caused even the glass to shake and rattle, mirroring the fear that struck each of your hearts. You'd never heard anything like it.

"Oh no," you heard the man with his arms around you utter.

His hold on you quivered, and it wasn't due to the flurry of wind that whisked in from the patio. You could only smirk when you locked eyes with the host of that curdling growl.

Oh yes.