Casting Shadows

Once you set foot in the club, your group was ambushed by neon lights blanketing the walls and floors. Music strummed overhead, the lyrics drowned out by the ambiance of chatter and clinking of glasses. You admired the high ceiling and wide halls permitting a smooth entrance for your crew.

Your hand gripped Law's, though, since this place was still crowded, and there were plenty of nooks and crannies to get lost in. He seemed calm and unbothered, but you were sure he planned to stick by your side the rest of the evening.

Ahead of you, Kid and Amanda blended into the crowd, following Jinbe somewhere upstairs beyond the VIP sections. An inaudible whine escaped you as you struggled to keep up, but a tug kept you back.

"Ah!"

Whirling around, you spun into Law's chest, his arm wrapping you into him. Peering up, he only smirked down at you, his face painted with lights dancing overhead.

Getting you all to himself seemed to be the plan this evening, even in a crowded place like this.

The drumming bass brought your hips to sway in its rhythm, the music beckoning you to dance. Encased in Law's protection program, you conceded to the club music, showcasing some of your moves to your wolf who followed suit. Rolling his body, he too silently announced this wasn't his first club. The way his shoulders so effortlessly yielded to the contort of his abdomen stole your breath, but you didn't stop moving.

Freely you danced, always within two inches of your man without trying. Occasionally he spun you, your moves working just as well together as they did individually. The strength of each motion captured unseen eyes, attention being drawn from all angles.

Some returned to their drinks and flirtatious conversations, others were prompted to join in, dragging their S/O's to try and experience something similar. But what you and Law had couldn't be matched. Law was right, your relationship was more than adorable, it was enviable.

Law's body would occasionally brush against yours, acting as a wall between you and others who wished to take his place. But your rhythms never stopped. It was as though you two had done this countless times, it felt so natural.

Pulling you into him, Law rewarded you with a deep kiss, thumbing your hips as you gripped his sides. When your lips parted your eyes caught that devilish grin of his, and soon after you were whisked away with him tugging you into one of those hidden nooks.

He knew the layout of the club well, seeing as he found a spot that was void of people - beneath the staircase leading to where Kid and Amanda had gone.

Here he gently pressed you against the wall, his lips tethered to yours. You hungered for more, hands balling his shirt beneath them as his hands explored your body, though staying within their boundaries.

"(f/n)-ya~," he growled out in a low murr, his lips teasing that spot beneath your ear, making you shiver and smile.

His energy was building up, you could feel it. Like the night when you ordered pizza. There was something different about Law when he got sneaky and playful. Something that made you want him more.

"You're so beautiful," he smuggled through the music, "And you're so mine."

Your smile grew wide, irreplaceable in this moment. "What about you, mister handsome alpha~" you remarked, finding his lips again which pressed into that signature smirk after your comment.

"I've been branded a thief before," he began, pecking along your jaw, "but you're the one stealing my heart."

His warm breath was like a blanket, wrapping you into him all cozy and protected. Melting under his words you pulled him in tighter, tilting your head to allow more room as his lips traveled down your neck.