006

the small sunlight greeted taeyong to wake up

the small sunlight greeted taeyong to wake up. doyoung was already up, even though he's the one who needs more rest.

❝why are you not sleeping doyoung-ah?❞ taeyong asked as he stretched his arms.

❝i can't really sleep. pictures of jaehyun just kept flashing on my mind.❞ doyoung answered.

❝it wasn't your fault.❞ taeyong said, ❝now, sleep. you need it.❞

❝hyung, please wake me up when jaehyun is awake.❞ doyoung said.

❝i will.❞ taeyong said and kissed doyoung's forehead.

taeyong got out of doyoung's room to be greeted by no other than his boyfriend, ten.

❝everything's fine with doyoung?❞ ten asked.

❝yeah. so far so good.❞ taeyong replied, ❝what's jaehyun status?❞

❝he's awake.❞ ten said with a grin, ❝help him to regain more wonderful memories by talking to him. his room is right beside doyoung. use this pager to call me if there are any emergencies going on. bye!❞

❝bye!❞

taeyobg entered jaehyun's room. jaehyun only stares at the window, looking at how the sun shines very bright.

❝hey jaehyun. i'm sorry  ❞

❝it's my fault, not yours hyung. i should've told him the truth, no rushing, and try to mend our relationship. i hate to say this, but i'm sorry that i didn't listen to you.❞ jaehyun said.

taeyong was speechless.

❝do you have the ring hyung?❞ jaehyun asked.

❝yeah, it's in my bag in doyoung's room.❞ taeyong answered.

❝does he know, that i was going to propose him?❞ jaehyun asked again.

❝no, not yet. i didn't want to ruin the surprise.❞ taeyong replied as he formed a smile.

❝thank you so much taeyong hyung.❞ jaehyun said with a weak smile.

❝are you dying, jaehyun?❞ taeyong asked because of jaehyun's smile.

❝no, i'm just relieved.❞ jaehyun replied. ❝but if i am... i love doyoung.❞

then, a flat line.

taeyong paged ten, and he immediately came with a crash cart.

because of all the noises, doyoung waked up and moved to jaehyun's room.

❝taeyong hyung, what happened?❞ doyoung shouted.

taeyong hurriedly grabbed doyoung's hand and squeezed it.

❝he loves you.❞ taeyong started the conversation.

❝what?❞

❝he's sorry for not telling you that earlier. if he dies, then 'i love doyoung' was his last sentence. but he's  not going to die, understand?❞ taeyong explained.

❝he said he loved me, but i never told him that i love him too.❞ doyoung cried.

❝he's alive!❞ ten shouted.

doyoung hugs taeyong tightly as the older calmed him down.

the meeting at the cafe was just to celebrate taeyong's surgery on his legs that went well. then everything became messed up. the next thing the couple should do is share their thoughts honestly.

two days passed, and jaehyun's condition improved slowly. doyoung came and visit. he thought that it was the time to share not a few words, but more.

❝talk to me about everything, from the beginning.❞ doyoung said.

❝i'm in love with you since college, but i was such a chicken. i felt embarrassed that you were the one who first confessed, but it was truly a beautiful confession. we started dating for three years, then you got into a comma because of an accident. i waited for you for almost two years. i'm so stupid when you were on a comma.❞ jaehyun explained ❝i started doubting me, us. i started to prepare to not love you because i was afraid you won't love me back. you waked up! i was so happy. but i felt like our connection turned into just a flicker. but i finally understand, we both need space. you just woke up, you need to adapt. i did the best i could. i should've been honest months before i wanted to propose you.❞

❝that was a long explanation, late than never. though i prefer soon or on time the next time we have a problem.❞ doyoung said with a sweet smile to calm jaehyun who was sobbing.

❞ doyoung said with a sweet smile to calm jaehyun who was sobbing