Chapter Four

A/N: Soo... I have a slight confession... this has been ready for about a week and a half.... or maybe longer... I just haven't been home to post it. I haven't done anything constructive and edited it or anything... nope, not at all. I have, however, been extremely social and that's the reason for my delay. 

Y'all still don't like Leah.... I like her. Anyway, here's the next chapter! For all you begging to see Liam again, you'll like this chapter!

The girl in the picture is who I envision for Leah

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Four:

Everyone, at some point in their lives, has been between a rock and a hard place. Everyone, however, is not as good at putting themselves in those situations as I am. Following Jason and being caught, well, that put me between a rock and trying to compete with a girl with zero brain function is a hard place. 

“What’s the story?” I said again, softer this time. 

“What are you looking for Leah? Why did you follow me? Why do you care so much?”

I shrugged my shoulders, honestly not having an answer. What was I looking for? Answers, but why? Because I’m in love with a guy I barely know. Why do I care? I don’t know that either. “I wish I knew the answer. It would solve a lot of my problems.”

He shook his head and stood up abruptly, throwing his hands into the air. “There’s not really a point in telling you to leave is there?” 

I shook my head. “Have you ever seen Titanic?”

He nodded.

“Remember when Jack said that he would have to jump if she jumped because he was involved? It’s kind of like that.”

He shook his head. “Jack was pushy, too.”

“Jack knew what he wanted.”

“Jenna and I grew up together,” he said after awhile. He was pacing the room, about as far away from me as he could get. “My brother, Liam, was always her favorite and I was mean to her.”

“Because you liked her?”

He shrugged. “I don’t know. We were little kids. How do you know what a crush is when you’re six?”

I shrugged, a faint smile coming onto my face. 

“Anyway, we moved to California after my dad died and for my senior year we moved back to Florida.”

“That sucks, to have to start over your senior year.”

He nodded. “It did at first, but I had Jenna. The first day we were back in town, our mom’s wanted to go to a nice restaurant. You should have seen how beautiful she was.” He talked about her like she was his world, and in a sense, she was. He walked over to her bed and sat down. He kissed her forehead. “I was arrogant and she was defensive. I wanted her to like me, but she liked someone else.” He clenched his fists. “Fred. God, I hated him so much. He hit her, you know?”

“Why do all of the good girls wind up with losers?”

He looked at me like I didn’t know what I was talking about. “She left him after he hit her. She just didn’t get it. I kissed her, and she still believed me when I told her that she was more like my little sister.” He grinned and took her hand in his own. “Eventually, we did get together, and it was serious, man. I was so in love with her. My mom used to say that I worship the ground she walked on. That was true, but for my mom to say I was whipped was too much.”