Chapter Two

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. One of my best friends, whom I rarely get to see, was sleeping over for a few days, which totally didn't give me any time to write. No one, but maybe a handful of people, likes Leah... That's okay. You'll grow to like her, promise. I think the issue is that a lot of people don't like the idea of her and Jason together... Have faith in me, y'all.... 

ANyway, comment, vote, fan (:

______________________________________________________________________

Chapter Two

I woke early Sunday morning to the sound of Lauren’s hair dryer. Why the heck she was using a hair dryer at seven in the morning on a Sunday is beyond me. “What. Are. You. Doing,” I growled, sitting up in bed.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you. I’m about to leave for church. Want to come?” She asked, smiling brightly. 

I shook my head and laid back down. Unfortunately, any attempts to go back to sleep were futile, as Lauren is the loudest person in the world. By the time she left at eight, I was wide awake. Having nothing else to do, I dressed quickly and Nike shorts and tank and headed towards the track, hoping I would see Jason. 

I knew it was wrong to hope that he and his girlfriend broke up, and I felt bad about what I had said about her getting into a car accident. Surely I would never wish something like that to happen to anyone. I wasn’t that mean. I mean, seriously, who wishes for someone to become brain dead? That’s just awful.

When I got to the complex, no one was on the track. I was slightly disappointed that Jason wasn’t there, but then also just a little relieved. With the track to myself, I felt free. Excited to run, I quickly stretched and took off. Towards the end of my fourth lap, I felt a presence behind me. Call me crazy, but I started to get uncomfortable, because when I looked behind me, no one was there. “Hey!” 

I screamed and through my arm up in the punch. My “assailant” caught my arm and started laughing. 

“Sam you idiot!” I yelled, a grin coming onto my face. “You scared me half to death!”

He grinned. “You tried to punch me.”

“Ahh, yeah,” I said, having a duhhh tone to my voice. 

“Your form was off. When you go to hit someone, make a fist like this.” He showed me the ‘proper’ way to make a fist. “It’ll hurt less if you actually hit your target.” The smirk on his face was kind of irritating. 

I put my hand on my hip. “In my defense, it was an immediate reaction. I didn’t have time to aim.”

“You need time for that? And you call yourself an athlete.” He shook his head in a disapproving fashion.

“Jerk!” I said, hitting his shoulder. He laughed and ran off ahead of me. Determined to pass him up, I took off after him, pushing myself harder and harder. Boy was fast. Boy was really fast. By the end of the first lap, we were neck and neck and then he pulled out ahead of me. He looked back and waved, and then ran even faster. 

After a couple of laps he stopped, probably to catch his breath. I stopped beside him. “Holy crap you’re fast.”

He chuckled. “Or you’re just slow.”

“I’m not slow.”

He shrugged. “Could’ve fooled me.”

I punched his shoulder. “Jerk.”