Scene Twelve V

Nicholas takes off running, and I follow behind him, watching as he grabs hold of the lowering shaft we use to move land vehicles on and off the ship, and dangles there.

Just as another ball of ice moves toward him.

Before I can figure out how to not be so useless, Killa grabs hold of his hands and pulls him up.

And I make the ship close its garage, sending them rolling deeper into the ship.

I move into the ship and re-assume control of my ship on all levels, but keep my hologram in place. I'm not sure who all is on this ship, and what the new needs we are looking at with the new additions to my passenger list.

Moving past where Nicholas and Killa are still trying to awkwardly untangle themselves, I walk into the brig, where my captain is grasping the controls as he tries to out-maneuver the Cyrovolcano blasts.

"Do you want me to put us in space?" I ask.

A bead of sweat slides down his forehead, and I turn on the overhead fans. "We took a pretty good hit. I'm not sure we're safe for flight, yet."

"So now what?"

"We'll need to land again."

I analyze our options. Not here. Not in the city.

That leaves us in the night-side of the moon.

"I'll take over," I say, lurching the ship straight forward.

"Be careful," Orion mutters, not releasing the controls. "We have an injured boy on this ship."

"Well, I have all of you on this ship, and we all have to get out of here." I soar us right between two iced wisps of smoke and sailing toward the darkness ahead.

Orion goes to the controls to glance over the safety buttons to see if any of the lights are blinking in demand of a tune-up.

"You were right," I say.

He looks up.

"We do have serious damage on the left hall of the ship."

Frowning, he glances down to see the one beeping light. "You know, you never let me do anything."

"Well, I like things to be done right..."

"Fine. I'm going to go tell our passengers about the emergency landing."

I smile at him in the way I know he finds infuriating. "Doing it now."

Then my hologram touches down in the medical bay.

Both Rosa and Reverend Shipping are holding the boy's bed in place, their knuckles paling. I quickly activate the magnetic field, sealing the hospital bed to the floor of my ship. "You can let go now."

They both look up. Rosa quickly smooths down her scrubs, like she's not sure how I'll react to see her on my ship. I am a bit surprised, but I so far she seems to be an ally. I will have to add her to my telepathy system tonight along with the Shippings.

Reverend Shipping, however, just blinks. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize-"

Oh, that's where the confusion is coming from. "Yes, my captain helped me to design a very realistic hologram. It helps keep a lower profile in less technological colonies."

He shakes his head. "You just seemed so human..."

"I will take that as a compliment, sir."

Shipping smiles sadly before glancing down at his son, still unconscious in the bed, no doubt because of all the pain killers flowing through his veins to give his physical body some time to get used to the new machinery attached to him before his mind has to. "I'm not sure that it is anymore."

-Banner by CannibalisticNecro

-Signature by -krystallite