Scene Nineteen

I watch Killa as she awkwardly tries to drag Nicholas's dead-weight to his bed.

"My new body is coming," I tell her as she gruntingly drags him a few feet. "If you just wait for a moment-"

"I can do this," she mutters, bending down to flip him over her shoulder. "I trained in the most rigorous police academy on Mars-"

Miraculously, she gets Nicholas flopped over her frail frame. Then, in the next moment, she's crumpled on the ground with him on top of her.

"It's a slower body," I tell her, "but it's coming."

She mutters something underneath Nicholas about him being too fat and smelling too good.

"What?"

"Nothing." Contracting herself into some weird shape I'm not sure humans are actually supposed to bend, she uses her body as a lever to thrust Nicholas backward, and her with him.

They tumble backward onto his bed, their legs still lagging on the floor.

Killa blows a strand of hair out of her temple. "See? I got this?"

Even as she says those words, Nicholas's body slumps back to the ground.

"Never mind." Killa crawls deeper into Nicholas's bed, and curls into a ball. "You got this."

My body walks in just then, and I only half-focus on it while sending a search through my cameras to find how far Orion has made it.

To my surprise, I find him all the way in the brig, laying Wayta's still form onto a cot, Nicholas's clothes billowing around her.

"Are you okay?" I ask, analyzing Orion's demeanor for the confusing health domain that lies under the human visage known as emotions.

"Let's not talk about that anywhere she can hear us," he answers, laying the cot blanket over her shoulders.

"Would you like me to get her a change of clothes and make sure she has all her needs met during her stay?" I ask.

Orion is still looking down at her- and away from her. "I can do it."

"No, sir, you can't."

He looks at me, straight into my holographic eyes, like he can see into the soul I don't have. "Alicia Ivy, I know you don't trust me around her, but I trust me."

"Orion, if your own creation doesn't trust you, then you can't be trusted."

-Banner by cannibalisticnecro

-Signature by -krystallite