Scene Eleven I

I glance back at Orion and Killa. Both are as disguised as possible in their scrubs, hair net, and face mask on. Then I look ahead nervously to the hospital where Nicholas is purportedly already inside with Stella. The strategy was that Orion's enemies would be looking for people traveling in three, but my worries are that I cannot keep Nicholas in my sights right now.

Orion glances back at us before looking back ahead. "Nicholas will be fine, ladies. No need to worry."

Says the one who was just almost kidnapped this morning before surviving a cyrovolcano.

"Oh, Nicholas will be fine, all right," Killa mutters. "And he'd better not be making out with Stella in the medicine closet."

Orion's shoulders slump in anticipation of the coming drama. Or maybe because he knows I'm right in another thing we both know is true but he's in denial of.

Sometimes my captain can be the most foolish of humans. Of course, folly isn't something that plagues robots.

"Over here." Orion moves toward the side entrance that Stella assured us would be unlocked and opens it.

"So far, so good," Killa whispers.

But it could still be a trap.

Still, I follow my team into the hospital. The sight of the dreariness of illness and injury, and filth on the walls that back up Stella's comments about the lack of people to keep the hospital properly staffed makes me glad I cannot smell.

Suddenly, Orion is grabbing hold of Killa and pushing her into the nearest closet.

The moment they disappear inside, I see her. The Venetian. Disguised not by scrubs, but by a hospital gown. I would not have recognized her without her mask if I had not accessed Orion's memory banks on her long ago.

Long, shimmering hair that doesn't seem to have a distinguishable hue tumbles down her back, and the side of the face I can see is smooth and gleaming. Her beauty is mesmerizing, and I can see why she so bedazzled my captain.

But I also know about the long scar on the other side of her face that is beautiful compared to the hideousness in her heart.

She stops moving, and I move into the closet before she can see me.

"Well," a voice is saying in the closet, but it isn't Orion's. It takes a moment for me to recognize Nicholas's voice. "This was awkward."

My vision adapts to the dimness, and I see not only Orion and Killa, but also Nicholas and Stella- the latter two standing a bit too close together, even for the closed walls around us.

"If you two wanted to couple up on me," Nicholas adds, studying Killa. "you could've gotten your own closet."

"Nicholas," Killa hisses.

"Quiet," Orion orders. "Wayta is here."

"Ah," Nicholas whispers. "I see now. You couldn't be in the closet with Wayta, so you grabbed the nearest female-"

Killa shoves a rag into his mouth. "Be. Quiet."

Stella sighs. "If you are the only hope for the Reverend... I think I will pray for him after all."

Orion grits his teeth. "What alternate routes are there?"

"Well, there's the ventilation system." She points upwards, where a shaft just large enough for a woman to crawl through is slightly open.

Nicholas rubs the back of his neck. "I might have to lose some muscle real quick..."

"The Reverend's son will need to be prepped for transfer," Stella says. "I can use this to get to him and do that. The rest of you will just have to figure out to be much stealthier than you are."

Orion nods and then gestures to Killa. "You go with her."

"What?"

"To protect her while she preps him."

Killa gives him a Look, like she'd rather kill Stella than save her, but she salutes stiffly.

Orion goes to brace himself against the door and nods at Nicholas. "Give the ladies a boost."

Nicholas kneels down and holds out two hands to work as a stirrup.

Stella kicks off both shoes before stepping onto his hands without hesitation. Then she reaches up to push aside the vent.

I watch as she slides up and turn to Killa. She had better hurry. Who knows how long we have before someone comes into this closet.

"Come on, Killa," Nicholas urges.

She crosses her arms.

And someone thumps the door so loudly, Orion almost goes flying before re-bracing himself. "Killa, now."

Gritting her teeth, Killa steps onto Nicholas's hands without even bothering to remove her shoes. The next moment, she's in the vent too.

"Now out," Orion orders.

Nicholas glances at the other door before turning back to Orion. "And leave you?"

Orion grits his teeth, still holding back the door from whoever is still trying to force it open. "Captain's. Orders."

Without another word, Nicholas turns, pushes open the other door, and rushes outside and down the hallway.

Just as the other door bursts open.

-Banner by CannibalisticNecro

-Signature by -krystallite