"EVERYTHING'S GOING FINE, NOBODY PANIC!! EVERYBODY JUST STAY CALM!"

"Okay, okay, calm down!" Sirius said, struggling into his jacket.

"What's going on?" Remus asked groggily, alarmed.

Sirius pressed the phone to his chest. "Lily's going into labour,"

"Oh, fuck,"

Sirius held his phone back up to his ear. He could hear James hyperventilating. "Okay, we're on our way. How's Lily holding up?"

"I'm completely fine," Lily's calm voice replied. "James is the one who's freaking out,"

"I'M NOT FREAKING OUT!!" 

Sirius winced and held the phone away from his ears. "James, mate, if Lily isn't panicking, why are you?"

"FIRST OF ALL: I'M NOT PANICKING, OKAY?! EVERYTHING'S FINE,"

"Mhm," Remus said skeptically from the other side of the room as he changed from his pyjamas to his clothes.

"Okay, Prongs, you need to calm down," Sirius pressed, but with his bed hair sticking up in random places and his pants on backwards, he looked like he could take his own advice. "You're being too loud,"

"I AM CALM! AND I'M NOT- did you just fucking reference Taylor Swift when my fucking wife is going into labour?"

"...N...no?"

Rolling across the bed, Remus took the phone from Sirius. "Hello, James, Remus speaking. Are you currently driving?"

"Getting in the car now. Why?! Should we already be there, should we have been there before she started getting contractions?!"

"No." Remus said patiently. "I'm asking because if you are: first of all, you shouldn't be on the phone. Second, you need to be calm or you will crash the car and that would be bad,"

James gulped, the sound crackling through the phone's barrier. "Okay,"

"We'll meet you in the waiting room of the hospital. The doctors or assistants or whoever will come out and tell us the deal, I'm assuming that you won't because you'll want to be alone with Lily,"

"Yeah," James said. Then, more confidently, "Yeah! Okay, okay, yeah. Okay."

Remus' eyebrow twitched. "Alright. See you soon,"

-----

"God, it's too early for this," Sirius said as the elevator closed, sealing them inside.

"Sirius, your best friend's wife is giving birth," Remus scolded. "I'm sure Lily would've loved not to be woken up at six in the morning and have to drive thirty minutes to the hospital, but at least it's not earlier,"

Sirius tapped his foot as they went up. "How early do some people start... uh, giving... birth?"

Remus laughed. "Nature waits for no one, Padfoot. It can be at any time at all,"

"...What times are we talking?"

"I believe I was born at half one in the morning,"

Eyebrows shooting up, Sirius took a step back. "What?! You're kidding,"

"I am not,"

"Wow." Sirius ran his hands through his hair. "Sneaky little bastard, weren't you?"

"Ouch, Black. I'm hurt,"

The doors opened, and the couple strode out and up to the Reception.

"We're here for the Potters," Sirius said, putting his hands up on the table, eyebrows raised expectantly. "They were checked in here roughly half an hour ago and she should be giving birth right now. Where do we wait?"