A Ride in a Sexmobile

Cate

Cate

Nathan bit his lip. "I'm just going to start apologizing right now. Sorry."

"For what?" I tilted my head.

"For today. For D and D. For Brandon and Ric. And especially for the car." He led me to a black honda, pausing with the keys.

I frowned, suddenly wary. "What's wrong with the car?"

"I told you Tristan takes the car most days, but then on days when I stay after school, Mom lets us borrow hers so we can drive separate, but then Tristan takes that car 'cause it's nicer and I get stuck with..." His eyes darted to something in the window. "You know what... I didn't get a chance to clean up since I didn't know I'd be driving anyone home. Give me a second to take care of a little clutter?"

"Okay?" Before I had even a chance to fully utter the word, Nate unlocked the door and disappeared inside the car. I tried the peer through the windows, but didn't notice anything particularly out of order.

Finally, he unlocked the passenger's seat. "Okay. Think I got it all, but if I missed anything, I'm so, so sorry."

"It's not like I'm some sort of neat freak. Don't worry about it." I sat on the towel-covered chair as Nate tossed a paper towel into the little garbage bin wedged between the seats.

He didn't answer, turning the car into dive and pulling out of the almost empty parking lot.

"3829 Lakeland Drive," I supplied. "Ravenglass subdivision. By the alpaca farm."

Nate nodded. "One of Tristan's girlfriends lives near there."

"Speaking of his girlfriends..." When we paused at a stop sign, I pointed my foot at small square wrapper, ripped open at the top.

"Shit!" Nate turned red. "I'm so sorry, shit. I swear I thought I cleaned up all the condom wrappers."

While disgusted for a moment, I couldn't help but laugh at his embarrassment. "Don't worry about it. Seriously, I'm just glad it was only a wrapper."

He wrinkled his nose. "Yeah. You're welcome for that."

"Ew. Thanks. And thanks for inviting me to hang out with your friends today."

"No problem I guess. Sorry about Ric. He's usually cool, but he never got over Brand hanging out so much with Raiden Bedagi and his crew."

"Who's Raiden Bedagi?" I asked. The name sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it.

Nate shrugged. "King of the jocks. Thinks he's a god."

"Thinks he's a god?" A king who thought he was a god? Could Zeus's powers be strong enough to break through Lethe's memory removal?

"God of jackassery as Ric would say. Raiden's a dick and all, but he's really not as terrible as Ric makes him seem. Just bitter 'cause they used to be best friends before Raiden got popular freshman year."