Dani shrugged, swinging her car door open and flopping into the seat. Theodora huffed watching as the other women backed up and disappeared down the street.

She slowly turned and made her way to Malcolm's vehicle, he waited patiently on the passenger side and opened her door, motioning for her to take a seat.

"I can open my own door, dingbat."

His brows knitted together, "Dingbat?"

She nudged him away and got into the car, shutting her door loudly. He got in the drivers seat, the car starting with a rumble.

"So." He said.

Theodora suppressed a laugh, he had been avoiding her for a day and a half and the first thing he says to her after asking if they could talk was 'So.'

"I'm mad at you."

"I know."

What were they supposed to talk about within their five minute drive back to the precinct?

"I shouldn't of done what I did."

"You shouldn't of done it because it was bad timing or because you didn't really want to. Or because it's been a long ass time since you got some action and you just thought—"

"Theo." He mumbled, hands gripping the wheel as they merged lanes. "None of those things. Ok."

"Oh."

He glanced at her, "There's things in my head that I'm still working out. I'm confused. I did it because I wanted to, but I wasn't expecting to be so... I don't know."

Theodora glared at him, "This isn't helping you at all, asshole."

"I don't know how to explain it! I want to tell you so many things, Theo. I do, but I don't know how."

"Then don't because I don't want to screw up what we have. You're all I've got, Malcolm."

They fell into silence, Theodora focused on the view from her window as they drove the rest of the way. She hated this feeling of confusion, and it didn't help that he felt it too. Theodora was sure if he was set on something, it would make this situation better.

They parked in the parking garage, and she pulled herself from his car before heading straight for the double doors. She made way for the elevator, slipping in just before the doors closed.

"I didn't see you coming." A man said from the opposite corner, Theodora gave him a polite smile and nod. "I wouldn't held the doors open."

"It's fine." She told him.

He glanced at her, "You're Detective Fletcher, right? I've heard a bunch about you."

She pursed her lips, how long did it take for an elevator to go up?

"I'm sorry, I'm Hugo. I work in Forensic's a floor above. I work with Gil a lot."

"I'm Theodora."

He smiled, "Nice to meet you."

The doors open and she bid her goodbyes as she stepped out, but the man followed her forward.

"Are you doing anything tomorrow?" He questioned, "around sevenish?"

Theodora paused, the question he asked slowly settling in. This never happened to her, and it was very clear by the look on her face.

A chime echoed, and footsteps sounded. Malcolm was next to her, glaring at Hugo.

"Immediate business needs to be taken care of." He told her, "We need you right away."

"Um..."

Hugo nodded, "I'll see you around?"

"Yah—"

A hand grabbed her arm and nudged her forward, "Are you going to be seeing him around?"

Theodora snorted, "No. ButvI didn't see you as the jealous type."

"I'm not jealous."

She laughed, "You're very over protective. Dork."

He stayed by her side the entire meeting, mind entirely set on what he wanted to do. But making her think otherwise was the problem, because in Malcolm's mind, Theodora always saw through him. But he didn't know that this time she couldn't.

He only wished he had handled himself better.