Should I be witty? Do I just ask him if he has my journal?

averyharri: FUCK

Yeah, that works.

When he doesn't respond, I start to panic. Was that too aggressive?

averyharri: I'd be lying if I said this was out of character. I slipped on ice again when I got to work

It's true, I got out of my car when I got to work and fell right on my ass again. It was not something I'm proud of, but also not something that surprised me. Luckily, there were no hot boys around to witness it that time.

finnwilder: Jesus Christ, Avery

finnwilder: I'd love to see how you do in the rink

Oh, Jesus Christ. I don't know hOW TO DO THIS.

averyharri: oh, I'm great in the rink

averyharri: when I'm, ya know, sitting in the stands

finnwilder: Touché

finnwilder: Well, I have your journal. I couldn't just leave it there for some creep to find. Is there anywhere you would like me to place it? Maybe on the patch of ice where we met with with a nice bow?

How romantic.

Okay, this is my shot. I don't know if its because I'm tired or because I felt like we were already hitting it off after a few hours, but I get more confident than I ever had. I'm not going to pass up this opportunity.

averyharri: as endearing as that is, maybe we could meet up at the patch of ice? I'll bring coffee if you bring my beloved journal. how do you like your coffee?

Oh my God, I can't believe I just sent that. He's going to think I'm a total creep. He's just trying to be nice and give me back my journal and I basically threw myself at him.

Well, the confidence I had not even 15 seconds ago dissipated incredibly quickly.

I wait in anticipation, just staring at our conversation that is open on my phone. He isn't answering as quickly, which is a bad sign. I doubt he went to bed. He's probably going to be block me. Oh yeah, I'm definitely getting blocked.

The message pops up, causing my body to fill with relief and a smile to take over my face.

finnwilder: Deal. I take my coffee black. And don't worry, I'll still put a bow on your journal

*

I won't lie, I woke up a little earlier this morning to make sure I had time to get ready. It was more to calm myself down, and getting ready is relaxing to me, than it was wanting to impress Finn. I would be lying if I said Finn wasn't at least a small part of the reason, though. I also wanted to make sure I have time to get the coffee.

My makeup is the same as usual, except I actually put on eyeliner with my false eyelashes today. I curled my hair again and put the top half in a small bun. A lot of people do this hairstyle because it's cute and trendy, I do it to hide the grease. I put on a black tee shirt with a green and blue flannel, black ripped skinny jeans, and vans.

When I get to the coffee shop, I get Finn's black coffee and mine with some milk and sugar. I don't know how he can drink his coffee black, it's honestly a super power.

When I get to school, I go to pull into the spot I was parked in yesterday, seeing Finn already standing there. Oh God, what am I doing?

I park in the spot next to him, feeling his eyes on me. I can't help but feel giddy.