It takes me an hour and a half to finish doing my makeup and curling my short, jet black hair that is slightly tinted blue. I was with Cam and just decided to put some blue hair dye in my hair for no real reason besides the fact I was bored and love destroying it. I take the dark orange beanie next to me and put it on my headsail well. I get up then and get dressed, putting on a pair of leggings and a black chunky sweater along with my black boots. When I look in the mirror, I smile. I know a lot of people find it extra to actually get ready for school, but again, I don't give a shit. I don't do it everyday obviously, but sometimes I just feel like looking nice, ya know.

By the time I'm done I have to leave so I'm not late. I grab my backpack and my keys and leave my room, popping my head into my parent's bedroom as they are getting ready for work to say goodbye. I go downstairs to my car, deciding to turn on the heat. Although the winter in Seattle is pretty temperate, it's January and this is the time where it's the coldest. I actually love the cold so I don't mind it at all. When I lived in New York, we would get days where it was at least 15 degrees and lower, so this is like nothing.

I plug my phone into the aux I got from Target that goes through the cassette tape player, since my car is so old it doesn't even have a place to listen to CD's. I jam out all the way to school, getting myself pumped just to sit in a classroom. I remember I have math first period today so that brought down my mood pretty drastically.

When I get to school and go to my locker, Cam is already standing there with a smile on his face. "Hey," I greet, but he doesn't reiterate. Instead, he says, "Are you working tonight?"

I roll my eyes at him, "No, I'm off tonight."

His face lights up, "Finally!"

He continues, "The first game is after school today, we have to go."

I close my locker, leaning my back against it, "I know. I was going to say that we are going." I grin.

Hockey is a huge part of my life. I grew up watching games with my dad, but once we moved here I couldn't go to any more pro games since there is no team in Seattle. However, there is a minor team. So, Cam and I go to as many of those games as we can, as well as basically all the games that our school plays. We haven't been to a minor game this season though and I am not okay with.

The hockey team here is actually really good, however they don't get nearly enough recognition. No one cares about any team here unless it is football or volleyball. It's a shame, but I also kinda of like it. I hate when things get overhyped. Cam also loves hockey, which was a big reason we got along so well. 

I wish the guys on the team weren't total assholes, though. I would say at least 98% of them are the worst humans that exist, but that's just my opinion. But hey, maybe there will be more guys on the team that don't make me want to gauge out my own eyes.

Look at me, being an optimist and shit.

The day goes on and I get to last period, which is English today; my favorite. I sit down in my assigned seat and pull out my book, reading a bit before the class actually starts. I don't have many friends, more acquaintances than anything. A few people I know say hello to me as they walk in, which I reply to with a smile. I guess you could call them friends, since I do talk to them, but I wouldn't really hang out with them outside of school. Ugh, the intricacies of social interactions and labels.

During the class, my teacher starts talking about a project that actually seems interesting to me, but makes the rest of the class groan.

"I want you all to find a book that you've read throughout your years in high school and talk about it. Why did it stick out to you? Did you relate to it? Was it different from other books you have read? Was it easier to read? You're going to write a short, two page paper, and I will be picking random people to come to the front of the class and present."

Ice.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara