Chapter 37: Beginnings

Start from the beginning

"I'll miss him." You muttered. "I'll miss all of them."

Writer awkwardly placed his hand on your back, giving you a few pats.

"There, there." He comforted.

You furrowed your brows, giving him an odd look.

He rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm not sure how humans comfort one another." He explained.

You smiled sadly.

The raven-haired man frowned at your lack of response.

"You did a...You did a good job." He stated. "Seokjin is a better man because of you...He was willing to give up his life...for you...He was willing to go back into the hell he was in before you came along...that shows selflessness...You should be proud of yourself."

You hummed.

"It doesn't feel like I did anything." You stated. "I didn't even get to say goodbye to him."

Writer frowned at your words, his eyes darting across the room, expression dropping as a single tear dripped down your cheek.

"Don't cry." He said softly. "You're doing the right thing, Y/n...You can always come back to him after-"

You let out a cold laugh, running a hand through your hair as you shook your head.

"That's the thing," You started. "I want to come back...I want to be with him...but I also want to go back to Egypt...I also want to go back to The Four Kingdoms....My heart is being torn in all different directions, and I can't do anything about it."

"Y/n.."

"I tried to take your advice." You cried. "I tried to stop falling in love, but-but I can't...And I know that at the end of this I can only have one ending....I can only be in one world while everyone else suffers....waiting for me to return...when I know I never will...."

Writer watched as you hastily wiped your eyes, chest shaking as you hiccuped with tears.

He frowned deeply.

"I know that there isn't anything I can say to comfort you in a time like this.." He breathed, scooting closer to you. "I won't deny that the decision you make at the end of all this will be the most difficult decision you will ever make...in the end, you can only choose one....so, if I were you, I'd make it count...don't think about making everyone else happy...choose what makes you happy...even if you break a few hearts along the way."

You remained silent at his words, sniffing in an attempt to keep yourself composed.

"This story is over, Y/n." He continued. "But that doesn't mean that you can't enjoy the next one."

You shook your head slowly.

"No." You gritted. "I don't want to fall in love anymore...I don't want to make it even harder on myself.....I won't fall in love."

Writer's eyes widened.

"Y/n-"

"I can't keep doing this." You choked, eyes raising to his. "It hurts too much..."

A heavy sigh left the raven-headed male, his gray eyes lowering as he slowly nodded.

"Very well." He sighed. "If you truly wish to continue this way, I will not stop you....however, every story must come to an end....even if you leave without falling in love."

You nodded.

"I understand." You confirmed. "Just tell me what I need to do next."

Writer huffed, running a hand through his hair.

"Tell me, Y/n.."

He paused, giving you a small smile.

"Do you get sea sick easily?"

A/N,

Well, everyone this is it.

The final chapter of Dynasty has been published and now we are onto the next adventure in Mist! I really loved this book and I hope you all did to. I know that some of you may have wanted some closure like at the end of Pyramids, but not every story has a happy ending...the boys are all safe...that's what matters...even if they believe you're dead.

Don't forget to leave some questions for the "Character Q&A". You can comment them, message them to me(although my messages are currently messing up) or post them on my message board.

I love you.

I adore you.

I purple you.

And, for the last time in Dynasty...I'm out.

-Max