Chapter 5: Silence

"Listen to silence, it has so much to say."

                                             -Rumi

Silence.

We all find ourselves longing for it at one point in our lives. Sometimes it's when children are screaming in supermarkets and other times it's when we simply wish to sit quietly and think.

We all long for silence at some point.

But what none of us realize...is that silence can be deafening.

Some of us are surrounded by people at most times, whether it be our friends or our siblings and so we cherish the times when we can just sit alone and think by ourselves.

However, some of us...are completely alone...all the time.

Some of us live in silence...quietly existing to ourselves as the noisy world goes on around us. We live in a soundproof box that blocks out every single sound until we are left with nothing but our thoughts..

To some of us....any kind of noise is welcomed...any kind of sound is music to our ears...

But we would never tell anyone that...because then...we would no longer be safe.

If we were to reach out to someone, if we were to try and make a connection with another human...we would have to shatter our protective, sound-proof box and expose ourselves to the cold, harsh world.

And that is scary.

But it's at times like this, that we have to ask ourselves a single question...

What's worse?

Leaving our comfort zone....or being trapped in it?

"Writer."

The name fell from your lips like poison, annoyance and anger lacing your tone as you stared up at the man in front of you.

The black-haired male sent you a stern look as his gray eyes took in the sight of your restrained wrists and feet, your body sitting upright on the large bed.

"You haven't even been here a day and you're already being tied up?" He sighed heavily, snapping his fingers, causing the ropes to fall loosely from your hands and feet.

You rubbed your bruised wrists, making a mental note to punch Jimin in the face again for purposefully tying the ropes too tight on you.

"Must you always make a dramatic entrance?" Writer asked sarcastically as he sat beside you on the bed, grabbing your wrists and inspecting them closely.

You allowed him to coddle your hands, eyes staring him down curiously.

"What are you doing here?"

Writer froze his movements at your question, hands stilling and expression dropping.

He remained silent, gray eyes never moving to meet your blue ones.

"You're not supposed to interfere with the story..." You stated slowly. "And I didn't call for you...So why are you here?"

You watched as the man before you let out a heavy sigh, his gaze remaining on your hands as he held them in his lap.

You didn't like this.

Not one bit.

Writer never allowed himself to go into the stories...he claimed that his presence could cause everything to crumble down...that it could jeopardize the ending and mess the entire thing up..