Chapter 37: Beginnings

Start from the beginning

You frowned, slowly sitting up in the bed.

"How-How am I alive?" You whispered hoarsely.

Writer hesitated for a brief moment, his eyes flashing downward.

"You found the missing piece." He stated. "You found what was missing in the story...and that was what saved you."

You titled your head, confusion covering your face.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"Seokjin." Writer started. "He was the missing piece...he was what saved you...he released your spirit and traded his life for yours."

Your eyes widened at his words, heart clenching in your chest as your hand slowly moved to cover your mouth.

"I-Is he a-"

"Spirit?" Writer finished.

You nodded.

"No." He deadpanned. "Seokjin is still very much alive...The story couldn't be finished if he didn't sit on the throne..."

"Then-Then how.." Your words trailed off, mind struggling to process what he was trying to say.

Writer gave you a knowing smile.

"Sometimes," He started softly..."It's okay to bend the rules..."

You froze at his words.

"You...You changed the story?" You paused. "Why?"

Writer swallowed hard, gray orbs boring into your blue eyes.

"I know that this is hard..." He started. "I know that constantly leaving the people you love is almost unbearable....and I really wish you didn't have to do this...but you do....and I think you should know how much I appreciate this-how much I appreciate you...Consider this an apology."

Your eyes softened on the man in front of you.

"Thank you." You whispered.

He smiled.

"You're welcome." He said. "I'm only sorry that you didn't get to say goodbye..."

You nodded in understanding.

"Do they think I'm dead?"

Writer nodded his head slowly.

"I came and got you when no one was around...If you decide to come back to this world...it will be a great surprise for them."

"What about Jimin?" You asked. "Is he still a spirit?"

Writer shook his head.

"He gave his life for Daesung....when he died, Jimin's life was returned to him...Everyone is back to normal...well as normal as they can be after witnessing an undead army attack them."

You sighed heavily.

Although you were relieved that Jin and Jimin wouldn't be forced to endure the torture of being all alone and forced to wander around the palace...You couldn't help but feel disappointed...

You didn't get to say goodbye.

They all thought that you were dead...they would mourn for you...they would go through so much pain thinking that they couldn't save you...when in all reality...you were in an entirely different world...living an entirely different life.

"He'll be alright."

Writer's voice caused your eyes to snap up, heart dropping.

You lowered your eyes, only nodding as you tried to keep your emotions at bay.