3 | Are they dating?

Start from the beginning

Once again, Chanyeol was amazed by how naturally Chaeyoung worked in the studio just as she had easily performed on stage the night before. After finishing recording all the vocals and harmonic layers, Chanyeol went to work on the large monitor, parsing together the best pieces. He was skilled with the software, but it still took him over an hour. Instead of relaxing on the large, plush couch in the back, Chaeyoung sat next to him the entire time, watching and learning how to navigate the system.

When he finally finished editing the song, he played it back over the studio's high quality speaker system. She couldn't stop herself from smiling at how lovely their track sounded but pursed her lips at the final chorus, when their voices overlapped for the only time in the song. He noticed her expression change and knew immediately what was wrong.

"Our voices sound too distant from each other, don't they?" he asked. She nodded with wide eyes, surprised he had read her mind so easily. "Let's go in and do it together."

He pressed the button to start recording, and they ran into the booth to get set up before the ending part came. When it came, he sang directly to her. She blushed but continued singing along, looking down at the lyric sheet to keep from stumbling. When the outro concluded, she felt his hand lightly cup the side of her face, making her look back up to him. He leaned down to kiss her softly and quickly.

But what was supposed to be a chaste kiss stirred something deep inside Chaeyoung, and she sensed the feeling was mutual when Chanyeol's eyes darkened. Before he could pull away, she launched herself onto him, wrapping her arms hungrily around his neck and her legs around his waist. He didn't hesitate to grip her thighs; he hadn't stopped thinking about her legs since the first night they met.

She claimed his mouth once again, only ever breaking away to catch her breath. He stepped back, still holding her, and opened the door of the booth, bringing them to the couch. He laid her down gently, now gaining control. She reached to his face and pulled him back down to her starving lips, his chest pressing against hers, just as she imagined that first night they met. Propping himself up on one elbow, he reached his hand up from her hip to waist, which was easily accessibly as she wore a crop top. She had just begun reaching her hands under his own shirt when she felt a slight buzzing on the left side of her behind.

"Ignore it," Chanyeol said huskily. His low, raspy voice was enough for her to oblige, but the vibrating made her realize that she hadn't looked at her phone all day. She chuckled softly against his lips and pulled the phone out anyway. She sat up when she saw the screen was filled with notifications.

She looked up apologetically into his hooded eyes. "I'm sorry; I have to take this." He grumbled but got up off her anyway, eager to finish editing their song. She smoothed her hair and tapped the green button.

"Lisa?" She immediately had to pull the phone away from her ear so she wouldn't be completely deafened by the screaming on the other end.

"CHONGAH, WHAT THE F--" She pulled the phone away again.

"I really hope you're not screaming like that at work," she said with a smirk.

"Chongah!" Lisa yelled in a slightly lower volume. "I saw it... everyone saw it... everyone's talking about you," she said between gasps for air.

"Saw what?"

"Your performance with Loey!" Lisa said like it was the most obvious fact in the world.

"Oh," was all Chaeyoung responded. She had already guessed some of his fans might have seen it and enjoyed it since Suho had wanted them to record a studio version.

"Are you listening to what I'm saying?! The whole world wants to know who you are!" she said, enunciating every syllable like she was speaking to a child.