pt 6. mr ford please shut up

Comenzar desde el principio

Sirens filled my ears and blue and red lights reflected around me. I was met with a cop car that pulled up on the side walk next to me. My heart started to race and I began to get nervous, but I stayed in my spot waiting for the policemen to come out and explain.

"Blonde hair, around 5'2-" the tall muscular dark haired cop shined the flashlight right in my face. "-blue eyes and freckles. Miss are you Clover.." I noticed he struggled to find my last name. I helped him out and sparred him the trouble.

"Yes, I'm clover, what is this-" before I could finish my question he roughly grabbed my wrist and turned me around. Cold jagged metal ripped the skin on my wrists as he tightened the hand cuffs, and dragged me to the car.

"Sir! Sir! Please I-I didn't do anything."

"Clover you are under arrest for the robbery of your foster fathers vehicle, you have the right to remain silent anything you say can and will be held against you in the court of law-" he shoved me in the car hitting my forehead on the way in. "You have the right to an attorney if you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you."

Oh my god. What am I gonna do? No, no clover you've watched cop shows you get a phone call. Right? But I don't know anyone's number oh my god I'm dead.

Tears built in my eyes as realization settled. I stole a car. A car. The whole thing. Im gonna go to jail, what about Oscar, is he okay? If it comes down to it I will take all the blame, I've always been the one getting in all the messes.

I felt something cold on my head and reached up to touch it only to hiss and pull away to see blood on my hand. I wouldn't be able to tell until I see myself in a mirror, but judging by how much blood is already coming out, and the gash I felt, I may need stitches.

This just can't get any better.

I sat in the jail cell surrounded by many others who must be having a rough night as well. I thought the men and women were kept separate, but that's not the case. A women stood constantly banging her huge black heel on the bars, screaming incoherent things making my head pound more.

Before being out in here I asked kindly to the cop that arrested me if I could clean my wound, he threw me a dry towel and shoved me in here. So now I'm curled up on the metal bench hugging my legs, waiting for my phone call.

"Why are you in?" I almost jumped out of my skin, and all I started to hear was my fast beating heart. The girl next to me laughed quietly and I looked at her admiring her pretty smile. "Sorry sweets, didn't mean to scare ya." Her New York accent fit her perfectly and I couldn't imagine how someone so pretty and seemingly nice could be here.

I wish I had blazing curly red hair like her with perfect skin. I expected bright green eyes but instead the lightest shade of brown almost like honey.

"I-I um stole a car." I mumbled putting my head down ashamed to admit it only to hear her laugh and laugh. I peeked up with my cheek resting on my knees and she shook her head slapping her leg.

"You gotta be shitting me. You snagged a car? Boyfriend cheat on you or something?" I liked how she didn't judge me, surprisingly she seemed more impressed then surprised. I shook my head smiling a little for the first time for hours.

"You gotta name frecks?" She asked and I tilted my head a little confused. Frecks? She noticed my confusion and taped her cheeks with her fingers and I realized she was talking about my freckles. "My name is clover." I wasn't used to saying this, or even trying to make friends. I kinda like it.

Her eyes widened a little bit but she recovered. I noticed a hint of realization in her eyes but she covered it up with a smile. "That's a nice name kid. " I smiled stupidly knowing little things made me happy easily, taking the compliment, and asked her for her name.