Search

•~•Shouto's P.O.V•~•

"Izuku! Where are you?!" We called and called out his name, but we didn't get a response. "Izuku!"

We ran about the camp, but he wasn't anywhere to be seen. He just disappeared suddenly. The light that surrounded him was suddenly gone, as was Izuku, both body and spirit. We decided to split up and search the forest. I didn't listen to what was being said. I ran through the trees and bushes, frantically looking around for any sight of Izuku. I looked behind every tree, in every bush I came across, through every branch that could be hiding the spirit and body. As I looked around, I noticed the animals running around as well. Deer and squirrels followed a seemingly invisible path, weaving through trees and branches as the birds chirped and flew overhead.

'They must also be searching for him,' I realised, watching as they rushed away. 'They may have found a trail.'

I ran after them, pushing past the branches that hung low and followed the animals through the forest. It seemed to stretch on forever, no ending point in sight as we ran and ran. The trees seemed to be getting thicker the more we ran, making it harder to deduce where we were. I skidded to a halt and turned to another direction, watching the animals run off through the corner of my eye. I began running once more, pushing past the webs, branches and bushes that tried to stop me. I didn't care if I was covered in scratches. I didn't care if there were spiders in my hair. All I cared about was finding Izuku. The kind spirit that had suffered alone in this first for 30 years because someone was being an asshole. I trudged through the thicket of bushes and brambles, past everything blocking me.

The trees started to thin out, signifying that I was closer to the camp than I thought. I turned my head in every direction, not stopping as I hurried on, stumbling on kicked up rocks that were littered across my path. But I wouldn't let a couple of rocks stop me. I continued to run, ignoring the heavy beating of my heart and the strain in my legs. I ignored the aching of my lungs as I breathed in quick and short breaths. I have my mind set on finding Izuku, and I won't let anything stop me, no matter what. As I slowed down, I turned my head around. There! I rushed over to a bramble thicket, seeing what looked like a person. I skidded to a halt, but felt a throb in my heart as I realised it was just Denki who had managed to trip over.

"Oww," he muttered, rubbing his head as he stood up. "Oh, Todoroki. Guess you haven't had any luck finding him, have you?" He stood up, dusting off his pants as he faced me.

I shook my head, disappointed. "No, I haven't. I'm heading off again. Try not to trip over again. You got my hopes up for no reason." I said, rushing off once again, catching a slightly nod from Denki.

I ran off once more, leaving the blond behind as my mind went back onto Izuku. I was starting to get tired, but pushed on as I had to find him. Huffing and panting, I turned through another break in the trees, starting to feel the shaking that wracked through my legs. I pushed on, gritting my teeth in frustration and worry, clenching my fists as I ran. 

'I will find you. Just don't fade away. Don't disappear. Please.' I picked up speed, bursting through the trees and into a clearing. I looked around, slowing to a walk as I looked around, seeing a crystal clear lake in the center. I walked over to it, kneeling down beside it and peered in. My reflection appear in the calm and still water, before it started to warp into something else. Another person. "Who...?" I murmured, staring at the reflection. She had long black hair tied up into a messy bun, a large smile present on her face as he onyx eyes stared back at me. "Who are you...?" 

The reflection moved on its own, the lady pushing her fingers into her cheeks and pulling them up. "Come on, lift up that mouth. Smile!" A foreign voice, seemingly coming from the reflection, spoke up. "You'll find your way if you just smile! You'll find your friend for sure. Your smile will lead the way. Trust me!" She exclaimed, smiling from ear to ear as she closed her eyes, before fading away back into my reflection. 

"Smile to find my way...? How... how would smiling help me find Izuku? How?" I murmured, standing up once more as I gazed into the pool of water. I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath and placed a smile on my face. "Guess there's only one way to find out if it'll work," I turned towards the trees, letting my gaze fall onto each and every tree before I seemed to stop on one. "That way..." 

I took off again, a lightness and pep in my step as I ran, feeling like I could fly. My smile grew slightly in size, the sun shining down upon the path and making it shine brightly. I urged my legs to go faster, to hurry along to the point in which Izuku should be. I broke through the trees, a shape on the ground catching my attention. I rushed over, collapsing to my knees as I skidded over to the shape, lifting it up. My breath was caught in my throat as I gazed down at the person in my arms. 

"H-he's back... He really did it..." I murmured, my smile widening as I picked him up, standing tall as the sun shone down through the trees. "He actually reconnected. Izuku... you're back..."