Chapter 2. A new home?

You were on your way to your uncle, Kumo being right behind you in the form of a dog to stay somewhat unnoticed.
It was still night and you felt like the darkness was protecting Kumo and you.
He had asked you if there really wasn't anyone left, and after some thinking you remebered that there was someone left, your uncle.

He hated the family clan and left it when he was eighteen to join the japanese military.
He was your only hope now, the only one that could maybe help you.

You had told Kumo about him, and surprisingly Kumo knew a military base where your uncle might be.
It was not that far away you just needed to drive with some busses and walk a bit.

Looking at the big building, you were unsure if you would find him, or if this was going to work out.
You were scared to stay alone.

"Dont worry (Y/N)!"
Kumo spoke to you, he had heard your thoughts.

"We will find him, and if you dont, you still have me! You are a part of me now and I cant leave that easy ya know. I will stay with you to the end!" His words were comforting to you.
Kumo was right, you were not alone anymore. With him by your side you felt stronger and most importantly  safer.

As you walked up to the entance a man spoke to you.
"What do you think you are doing!" The gatekeeper yelled at you.

"Uhm, Im sorry sir...but I need to see my uncle its quite urgent. He is part of the military and Im hoping that someone could help me find him." You said calmly, trying to not anger the man.
He growled at you in annoyance and then made a few calls.

"You better not lie! Just wait here, someone will come and talk to you." He said to you in a rough tone.

"What an asshole!"
Kumo said, but only you could hear it, he was hiding in your pocket in the form of a hamster.

You waited a while in front of the gate of the military base.
You shivered from the cold wind, only wearing your nightgown and a jacket you were freezing.
After about half an hour a man came to the gate.

"You must be the girl searching for your uncle? Would you mind coming inside with me so I can ask you some questions to help you?"
The man asked.

He was quite big and pretty muscular, and wore a military uniform that had many stars and badges on it.

"Ok, I dont mind coming inside."
You replied, trying to hide how nervous you were. 

You walked beside him, and the two of you talked a bit.
He asked you about your uncles name and why you were so urgently searching for him.
As you talked he looked down at you, noticing your clothes, or rather lack of them.

"Why are you only wearing a thin dress and a jacket at these temperatures? And where are your shoes? Aren't you cold?"
The man asked, worry laced in his voice.

"I couldn't really change, I needed to leave my home quickly."
You said hesitant, unsure if you should tell him what had happened.

"Why? If you don't want to tell me then you don't have to...but, are your parents being mean to you?"

"Sir...what do you mean with 'mean to me'?"
You asked not knowing what he meant.

"Are they hurting you?"

"No!"
You exclaimed, your parents were always nice to you and gave you all the love you needed.
Just the thought of them made you sad. You still couldnt really realize that you would never see them again, the thought of that broke your heart.