Sweden | Canada x Ukraine

»»————-  ————-««

11. 3. 2013

Canada

"Hey, want to build a mansion later?" I asked just before leaving school campus. He nodded and we left.

When I arrived home right after my dad greeting me, mom chopping vegetables, America doing homework, I knew there was homework but me being the teenager that I was decided to ignore my grades and lied that I did my homework at school. I went straight to my room, threw out my xbox and loaded in Minecraft.

There I'd meet up with Ukraine and he led me somewhere near his base, showed me a giraffe-height 'sculpture' of a lion, his favorite animal. And because I was younger words could not explain how awesome I thought this cobblestone 'sculpture' was. It looked like a deformed monkey but I never realized since spending time with Ukraine was prior.

Then he mentioned the mansion we wanted to make and we collected wooden planks, wooden logs, cobblestone, sand then smelted into glass and took out some tools from our chest, flexing our diamond swords in the process.

"It's gonna be a really huge project, so let's put it in the middle," He decided. I started placing cobblestone in a huge rectangle, while he dug dirt from the floor and replaced it with wooden planks. We weren't very good architects back then. but the mansion was still one of our favorite creations.

While building we'd always laugh at our bad puns. Sometimes I would laugh so loud that my mom came in every five minutes whenever I wheezed.

"Wanna hear a, wheeze, joke about, wheeze, pizza? Never mind it's, wheeze, too cheesy, wheeze."

And while laughing so hard that our stomachs hurt we would place random decorations and carpet patterns everywhere, giving them names as if they were pets. 

We didn't realize that we were making memories. After about seven hours or something, we marveled at our masterpiece and my dad called me for dinner. I told Ukraine "goodbye" and he said "see you tomorrow".

Everything is running very smoothly, I thought.

11. 4. 2013

Yesterday he said "See you tomorrow".  I couldn't see him in class. I didn't see him in the cafeteria, or on the benches we'd always sit on. I taped a note on his locker asking where he was or what's up. No response.

I thought to myself, okay, maybe he's just sick, I can talk to him later.

When I went home and loaded in Minecraft, he wasn't there. Maybe he was just too sick to play. but I still wanted to talk to him. I e-mailed him. nothing.

I cried the whole night, sometimes America would complain and my mom would come in and comfort me. I hated acting like a child. Sometimes I would also try to comfort myself too.

He's just sick. Only for a day. Be patient.

But I hated lying. Especially to myself. I lied about my homework yesterday, and now I lied to myself that everything is going to be alright.

So I waited for a response that never came.

»»————-  ————-««