Chapter 21: the fight continues

Alona's P.O.V: Dream flashback: A year ago.

Oh fuck I'm late.

I could hear my blood pumping in my ears while I ran down the street towards the abandoned warehouse district. As I finally turned the last right corner I was met with the end of the line to enter the warehouse.

The line was particularly long to watch the fights today. I braced myself as I maneuvered my way in and quickly slipping into the crowd I pushed my way to the front through the sea of spectators.

"Hey watch it!" Some guy yelled as he reached out to place his hand on my shoulder, making me reach out and grab his hand crushing it in my fist. Then I activated my quirk as channeled my inner anger into heat making his hand start to burn.

I saw the pain and fear pool in his eyes while he looked down at me as he instantly hunched over in pain.

"AH FUCK!" He yelled his eyes widening as I glanced at the man with a bored expression on my face.

"Hasn't anyone ever taught you some manners dumbass?" I taunted as I tightened my grip making a cracking noise and smoke emit from his hand.

"You little bitch! Let go!" He yelled as before reaching out with his other hand to punch me. But before his fist is even fully cocked back, I had reacted and ignited my leg which had already swung back ready to release when some tall purple haired figure in a black hoodie and jeans who was standing behind him quickly pushed forward to grab his fist. It seemed in that instant the crowd had become interested in what we were doing. I turned off my leg flames and watched.

The tall purple haired guy starts tightening his hold on the guys fist making another series of cracks and howls of pain erupt from the man. He quickly steps forward applying even more pressure as he swiftly maneuvers himself between us like a wedge.

"Apologize to the lady or you're going to lose the hand," the deep sultry voice of the purple haired guy threatened. In the moment I was frozen as I watched the dim street light begin to illuminate his handsome face. Angry brown eyes gazed down at the man as his face contorted in pain.

"Hey, thanks for the good intentions but you don't have to get involved. I can handle this guy," I interjected as I took a step forward, when suddenly as I blinked when I opened my eyes again there was 4 of him on all sides of us.

"Just because you can doesn't mean you have to, now you can sit there and wait princess. I'll make sure this runt apologizes," one of his clones replied and he leaned forward in front of me causing me to lean back and frown.

"Listen pretty boy, I'm not a princess. I don't have time to sit here and fight the both of you dumbasses because I have a match. So don't try to play hero, you don't need to concern yourself with me. I'm capable to saving myself!" I protested causing the clones to look at me with surprise as they also realized I was talking to the one holding him.

"Hahahaha, wow. Princess you're quite the little spit fire aren't you? I'm Rin Yagari nice to me-," he started to introduce himself when suddenly a loud familiar feminine voice called out.

"HEY DONT TOUCH THE MERCHANDISE BUDDY! Oh it's just you Rin. Wait Alona-chan what are you doing here with this guy?" Kira yelled out as she forcibly made her way into the circle quickly whipping out her small knife and using her quirk to elongate the metal into a large machete.