Chapter 13: lets play a question game!

Alona's P.O.V

I quickly sped up my pace to match his own as we walked towards the station side by side.

"You know, I think your quirk is pretty incredible. The way you can use the elements, one after the other like that is, very impressive. Plus you're pretty agile and quick to react which makes you a difficult opponent," Todoroki said out of the blue making me look to see he was looking straight ahead but his expression was serious. It almost seemed more like an analysis of me as an opponent then a compliment from a friend but I decided to take what I could get.

"You really think so?" I asked glancing at the people who were walking past us. Most of the girls were glancing at Todoroki and whispering things in each other's ears, giggling or blushing.

It seemed even the guys were checking me out or looking at Todoroki curiously. I subconsciously moved slightly closer to the stoic boy as the girl's glances landed on me critically.

"Yeah. I think that with your talent and quirk you could actually become a great hero," he replied glancing at me or more so the lack of space between us. I slowly realized that the distance between us was almost non existent as I felt the coldness his left side gave off on my right.

"Oh sor-," I started to say but got cut off by my phone blaring out my ringtone from inside my bag. The loud ringing making both
Todoroki and I stop and look at each other.

I glanced apologetically at the boy before swinging my bag in front of me to find my phone. I didn't even realize Todoroki was holding the bottom of my bag for me until I finally pulled my phone from my bag, I quickly answered giving Todoroki a grateful smile.

"ALONA! CAN YOU HEAR ME!" Natsu's loud voice rang out hurting my ears making me glare at the phone.

"YES YOU DUMBASS STOP SCREAMING!" I yelled back causing Todoroki to look at me extremely confused and slightly embarrassed considering the stares we were getting.

I looked at the icy hot boy apologetically watching as he quickly looked away as our eyes met to start sending icy glares at the people who were looking at us. We both turned and started walking again as I listened to my idiot brother.

I noticed that Todoroki was walking as close to me as before, making me turn to look at the floor embarrassed.

"Oh sorry, anyway I'm going to be stuck helping out some friends after school with Kyo. I was wondering if you can buy the stuff for dinner for me?" Natsu replied his voice trailing off in the end as I hear Kyo saying stuff in the background about cats.

"You're cooking if I buy. Also tell Kyo he better not bring any cats home again," I answered causing the stoic boy to turn to me confused.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't worry he won't bring any cats. Thanks Lona! If anything happens you know Yuri is with Hawk today doing paperwork at his agency. I'm pretty sure Mom and Mira are at the agency and Kyo and I are going to be at the shopping center," he called out cheerfully and I could hear Kyo's whines as he complained about how the cats were hungry and needed homes.

"Yeah, yeah I got it. If anything, I'll call you or Kyo. By the way, mom told me to tell you this morning that Mira might need you to pick her up later at the agency. I'm going to go to the supermarket and then home. Bye dumbass," I said trying to end the conversation.

As Todoroki and I waited for the light to change so we can cross the street I found my eyes drawn to him. I mean, I always found my eyes drawn to him but this particular time I saw some unknown emotion lurking behind his cold stare forward.